today's denver post food section

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...although it is tough to explain why I'm sitting at my computer at the office with tears in my eyes....

I'm glad I wasn't the only one tearing up after reading those, Fred.

Makes me want to drive nine hours just to give my mom a hug.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if this will be in the regular Wed. food section, Kyle Wagner will become the Travel editor at the Denver Post and the food critics job will be open. It will be interesting to see; 1 Who gets the job and 2 how long it will take them to get someone for a pretty high profile position in the features section of the post. Just thought I would pass this along. It was posted in an internal Post memo today.

colestove

• 3 weeks later...

Kris gives a run-down on the FOOD at the Classic in Aspen (with pictures of Ming Tsai and Lachlan Mackinnon-Patterson):

The strange and sublime, piled high at Aspen's food and wine fest

Finally, some news on Bonanno's Milagro Taco Bar from Kyle. We peeped in a couple of weeks ago at 17th Ave & Vine, but it wasn't open until 4:00.

Appetizers show taco bar is doing it right

Finally, some news on Bonanno's Milagro Taco Bar from Kyle. We peeped in a couple of weeks ago at 17th Ave & Vine, but it wasn't open until 4:00.

Appetizers show taco bar is doing it right

A friend of mine went and thought it was good, but pricey for food that is similar in at least some cases (not in the case of the 'lobster tostada' that Kyle mentions) to what can be had in 'divier' joints.

I'm still anxious to try it out.

Not according to Pete the ex asst in the dept at the post. I talked to her this am and asked if they were close to making a choice for the new critic? She said they haven't even read all the applications they have till now and after todays column she is sure they will get a bunch more. I'm sure that Mongo would bring a "different voice" to the job but I'm also sure that the learning curve for both writer and reader would be "too much" for the Post. Maybe sometime Kris will stop by and give us some idea of how the process is going. I do know that it is being taken very seriously at the Post and several people are involved in the choice.

colestove

Not according to Pete the ex asst in the dept at the post. I talked to her this am and asked if they were close to making a choice for the new critic? She said they haven't even read all the applications they have till now and after todays column she is sure they will get a bunch more. I'm sure that Mongo would bring a "different voice" to the job but I'm also sure that the learning curve for both writer and reader would be "too much" for the Post. Maybe sometime Kris will stop by and give us some idea of how the process is going. I do know that it is being taken very seriously at the Post and several people are involved in the choice.

colestove

"Ex-asst"? Did she get in trouble for leaking the contents of an internal memo to you? (winky)

We are all Mongo fans, but I was being a bit facetious with that comment, as I haven't actually heard any rumors of him taking the spot. Engaging in a coup d'etat of a small island nation so he can start MongoMania The Country, yes, but other than that...

I still vote for Lori Midson, but she's probably happy doin' what she's doin' already. Dammit.

Any truth to the rumor that this odd chap named Mongo will be the replacement?

i'm still waiting for a response to my offer to become c.u's next president.

will kyle be showcasing her travels to various red lobster locations in her new gig?

will kyle be showcasing her travels to various red lobster locations in her new gig?

HAHA. I like Kyle, Red Lobster fixation notwithstanding. She always worked funny little comments into her reviews, but she didn't go overboard.

I still vote for Lori Midson, but she's probably happy doin' what she's doin' already. Dammit.

You're very sweet, Robin, thanks.

By the way, did you ever get a copy of this month's Colorado AvidGolfer? My review of Frasca is in there, along with a rather rudimentary steak round-up.

LM