Ines Rosales Olive Oil Tortas

Anyone else getting addicted to Ines Rosales Olive Oil Tortas from Seville?  They must be getting a new push in the U.S., as they're suddenly in stores all over my neighborhood.

There are several flavors -- some sweet, some savory -- but I'm here to tell you that the Original (fennel and sesame) is still the greatest.

• Like 1

I got addicted over the holidays. I kept passing up the usual holiday goodies for these. I could order them through Misfits (one of the subscription boxes), so was getting them regularly. I just gave up that subscription, so will have to wean myself off them. I'm on my last package. 😶

You know, you can make these.

They're pretty easy, and FRESH really makes a difference.he

We were introduced some years ago by Belota, Belota in Paris who sold a "brown bag lunch" containing a "ham" baguette, half-pint of gaspacho and a torta d'aceite.  

13 hours ago, voyager said:

You know, you can make these. 

That recipe has A LOT of yeast. Fast-acting, no less.

Quite similar to the Italian cracker recipe in Katie Parla's Tasting Rome...differences maybe even attributable to how measurements get done. (I'm not thrilled with KP's 90 milliliters of water being the same as 5 tablespoons, but recipe writing is hard...)

https://paninigirl.wordpress.com/2017/03/25/i-cracker-and-a-giveaway/

Makes sense, and the rise time is so short. But won't they taste a little mmmm, yeasty?

Opening Katie's book did get me to her recipe for pizza bianca, which I'm gonna attempt soon; quite similar to the recipe in Serious Eats. @Orik - reminds me, have you had much luck with the Roscioli recipe?

3 hours ago, joethefoodie said:

That recipe has A LOT of yeast. Fast-acting, no less.

Quite similar to the Italian cracker recipe in Katie Parla's Tasting Rome...differences maybe even attributable to how measurements get done. (I'm not thrilled with KP's 90 milliliters of water being the same as 5 tablespoons, but recipe writing is hard...)

https://paninigirl.wordpress.com/2017/03/25/i-cracker-and-a-giveaway/

Okay.   when I get home, I'll dig up the one I use.   It works a charm.

• Like 2
On 1/29/2021 at 6:58 AM, voyager said:

Okay.   when I get home, I'll dig up the one I use.   It works a charm.

I haven't made these in some 10 years, but this is pretty close to my someplace buried recipe.  

345722064_tortasdeaceita.png.b596b0349f747616e222ddff9c392301.png

• Like 1