Bars Closed During the Pandemic

park slope favorite mission dolores closed today. as far as I know it was the first quality brooklyn beer bar to close, although the roof collapse probably didn’t help. or maybe the lawsuit they must have filed made it easier to walk?

the only other notable closure is mikkeller nyc, which was owned by the wilpons and closed as a part of the sale. I guess cohen would have continued if it was printing money.

are there others I’m not thinking of? I heard sycamore flower shop closed but apparently it’s still there.

• 3 months later...
19 minutes ago, StephanieL said:

Say goodbye to The Ginger Man over on 36th Street.  My first job was on the same block--lots of after-work memories there.

They had a very robust beer menu, right? I'm pretty sure I used to go there on occasion..

Very robust. They almost opened a second location on St. Mark's Place a few years ago, but after they started working there it turned out the building is unstable. 

Strangely, while the pandemic may have contributed to when it closed, Pegu Club's lease was up last year anyway. And I don't know that any of the principals were up to renewing it. The bones of that place were evidently a mess.

In any event...

SIGH.

1 minute ago, joethefoodie said:

Strangely, while the pandemic may have contributed to when it closed, Pegu Club's lease was up last year anyway. And I don't know that any of the principals were up to renewing it. The bones of that place were evidently a mess.

In any event...

SIGH.

Not surprising, but, yes, to echo a theme... sigh.

We drove the building several weeks ago. It was so sad. I've made myself a lot of Audrey Saunder's classics over the past year.

SIGH.