Passover 2021, year two of the 11th plague

8 hours ago, bloviatrix said:

Frankly, I would be ok with just soup and a matzoh ball and nothing else.

After serving Significant Eater the main course, she said: "I'd really be happy with just another bowl of soup and a matzo ball."

For lunch the following day, I made matzo ball ramen, doctoring up the remainder of the soup with my own stock, more vegetables, a poached chicken thigh I had on hand, and ramen noodles. Better than the OG.

1048354148_2013_03Matzoballramen.JPG.51119bc5ea722ed14a32cad6ee70a91f.JPG

There is nary a leftover left over, as I didn't really think stuff was good enough to save.

• Like 2
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After serving Significant Eater the main course, she said: "I'd really be happy with just another bowl of soup and a matzo ball." For lunch the following day, I made matzo ball ramen, doctoring u

Planning on homemade gefilte fish, matzoh ball soup, potato kugel, hard boiled eggs in saltwater, and a green salad. There's a shop in my sister's neighborhood that makes charoset ice cream, and now I

Fisher is a fictional construct, happily for him.  Just to put the blame where it deserves to rest, joe's supplier was Michael Solomonov.

Posted Images

Aside from my overcooked Chicken Marbella, everything else was good and with a guest from outside the usual family, it was actually interesting, with someone actually asking real questions, not just the ones in the haggadah.  Once we thought of the chicken as "barbecued" rather than "charred" it tasted better, although a bit dry, since all the delicious sauce  burnt to the bottom of the (thank God) non-stick roasting pan.

Decided for the last days to try another Solomonov recipe - his Mina, which is a matzoh pie filled with ground beef (in this case). I've made it once before and we liked, but I can't master flipping it out and keeping it in tact. The other problem is that I didn't use ground beef with a high enough fat content so there's no depth to the flavor. It's flat.

22 hours ago, bloviatrix said:

Decided for the last days to try another Solomonov recipe - his Mina, which is a matzoh pie filled with ground beef (in this case). I've made it once before and we liked, but I can't master flipping it out and keeping it in tact. The other problem is that I didn't use ground beef with a high enough fat content so there's no depth to the flavor. It's flat.

How easy is it by you to get kosher ground lamb?  That might give a better depth of flavor.

1 hour ago, StephanieL said:

How easy is it by you to get kosher ground lamb?  That might give a better depth of flavor.

I agree with you about the lamb. In this case, I went to my local kosher market which only had frozen ground lamb and I wanted fresh which is why I bought the ground beef which was a way too lean mix.