Just dawning on me that a whole year ago we were just over a month into lockdown. Looking back on that strange time.

• I binged on Pagnol's Marseilles trilogy
  • I walked through a completely empty Little Italy
  • I watched a 54 Below premiere of Sondheim at 90 on YouTube (and doubtless sang along)
  • I binged on Awkwafina's "Nora From Queens"
  • I was writing the number of days in lockdown in my diary; looks like I gave up some time in July at 122

We walked through Little Italy too, and managed to get a coffee at Cafe Integral. That week we also made it as far as Bryant Park. I smoked 300 lbs of meat, watched Ozark season 3, and hand delivered ramps to about 20 people in the neighborhood because the farm's van broke down and they were late for their pickup times. Trading was still fun. 

6 minutes ago, joethefoodie said:

I'm at about 1,200 meals sourced, prepared and cleaned up...for two.  I'm fucking tired.

Since, when at home, we seldom eat out, and never order in, this is my life.     Multiply that times 50+.

21 hours ago, joethefoodie said:

I'm at about 1,200 meals sourced, prepared and cleaned up...for two.  I'm fucking tired.

Oh yes, preparing three meals a day has made me reflect that I didn't cook as much as I thought I did in the past. And throughout the pandemic I've lived with people who follow very different diets from me, so that has multiplied prep and cleaning (not that it isn't shared). I admit, I only "cook" breakfast two or three times a week; yogurt, granola, fruit doesn't count as cooking. But since I don't really open cans or eat frozen meals, lunch and dinner are mostly made from scratch.

On 4/30/2021 at 3:00 PM, Wilfrid said:

yogurt, granola, fruit doesn't count as cooking.

I don't know about you, but for me it still counts as sourcing, preparing and cleaning up after a meal. Means I'm in the kitchen, whether the stove gets turned on or not (it always does because...coffee!).

3 hours ago, joethefoodie said:

I don't know about you, but for me it still counts as sourcing, preparing and cleaning up after a meal. Means I'm in the kitchen, whether the stove gets turned on or not (it always does because...coffee!).

Yeah, like one of your "four salad plates" isn't "cooking".

• Like 1

Wow, one year ago I was seriously active on the cocktail and bread threads. I went low carb for a while in the fall.  🙃

And now all my nice clothes fit again, but I have nowhere to wear them. 😒

21 hours ago, Behemoth said:

Wow, one year ago I was seriously active on the cocktail and bread threads. I went low carb for a while in the fall.  🙃

And now all my nice clothes fit again, but I have nowhere to wear them. 😒

I have nice clothes that fit again, but also nice clothes which are now way to big.