• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These posts are really useful to me as I am strangely blank about where I want to be eating. I also “connect with” writing less on forums (or blogs like the Pink Pig) once one’s day “job” is writ

As I was sitting there last night, I kept focusing on something I don’t think quite registered the first time:  $80.  This splendid five-course dinner costs $80.  (The wine isn't that expensive, eithe

I love how absolutely unhinged this post is even if I agree with the general sentiment. As for Gotham, according to the online menu the lamb costs (a still quite high) $58, not $80. Like the bogu

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Chambolle said:

I did soldier on and snag a couple of rugelach (you gotta go with BG's chocolated-dipped raspberry for the win) and can confirm that they were better than Russ & D's rugs from the day prior. That said, Zabar's rugs are superior (chocolate) than both and you ONLY get the Zabar's rugs sold by the piece by the breads and NOT the semi-industrial rugs in bags

Dude - the rugelach at both Breads Bakery AND Michaeli Bakery are superior to any of the above. Stop worrying about Mary's little lamb so much.

10 hours ago, Chambolle said:

Joe, work with me ... let's do some simple arithmetic

All I got is this old, clunky cash register, so bare with me

1st veggie, ka-ching !

2nd veggie, ka-ching !

3rd veggie with some flour and water, ka-ching ka-ching ka-ching !

Oh yeah, the dog piss blended with rat doo-doo that you savor as some intestinal (but it’s really butt) sauce ... okay a couple more ka-chings cuz I'm feeling generous !

Where were we … oh yeah, the protein … probably tofu … with veggie #4, ka-ching ka-ching !

And some sugar with veggie No. 5, ka-ching ka-ching !

And the total ingredient cost is .... a whopping $2.25

Joe, let's be honest here ... you got hosed ... but, yeah, I know ...

We're in the Big Apple so it's a big bahgain !

61zInpT5jxL._AC_SL1100_.jpg

I love how absolutely unhinged this post is even if I agree with the general sentiment.

As for Gotham, according to the online menu the lamb costs (a still quite high) $58, not $80. Like the bogus $2.25 Chambo quotes for "ingredient cost" re: Fradei -- why the embellishment?

Also Joe, I really hope that protein at Fradei wasn't tofu. That would definitely bother me on a $90 prix-fixe. I assumed it was chicken.

• Like 1

It’s not just a NY thing. We had the first Michelin night out since COVID and paid 155 for a lot of vegetables, (domestic) fish, and one slice of duck breast. It was all really well done, but…phew.

Here’s the menu

And: no tablecloths! 😂

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, GerryOlds said:

I love how absolutely unhinged this post is even if I agree with the general sentiment.

As for Gotham, according to the online menu the lamb costs (a still quite high) $58, not $80. Like the bogus $2.25 Chambo quotes for "ingredient cost" re: Fradei -- why the embellishment?

Also Joe, I really hope that protein at Fradei wasn't tofu. That would definitely bother me on a $90 prix-fixe. I assumed it was chicken.

Haha!

(My guess is Chambo likes to think everyone is an idiot except himself...I may not be as smart as Chambo, but some of us here still have some brains left. And some of us still love NYC (well, except Barney Greengrass, 'cause there's so much better, except some of my inlaws live at The Ansonia, so...) despite the cost).

No, the protein wasn't chicken, wasn't tofu...I just don't want to spoil it for anyone going.

They UNDERESTIMATE Chambo once again ... don't these silly people EVER LEARN

You try to educate them ... but they simply prefer to stick their head in the sand and stay in the darkness

(Bonner, how'my doing ? Pretty good stuff, eh ?)

I don't have time for a full answer now (not that anyone really wants it) but the online menu is WRONG ... the actual printed menu price is $62 (and yes of course I have proof ... I'm Chambo and I'm always fact-based ! ) ... plus tax and tip is indeed OVER $80 ! 

I wasn't embellishing, GOlds, I was actually LOWBALLING it !

Feel free to apologize whenever you feel like it ...

1 hour ago, joethefoodie said:

My guess is Chambo likes to ...

likes to ... HAVE FUN !!!

1 hour ago, GerryOlds said:

I love how absolutely unhinged this post is ...

And that's the Chambo schtick in a nutshell ... absolutely unhinged BUT completely true, all at the same time !

You think this is easy to do ... huh ... trust me, it ain't ... just try doing it yourself

• Like 1