• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love when Sneak and Seth have a conversation on here, I always think it's just Sneak talking to himself for 8 posts straight until I look at the names. Sneak, how much are cocktails? I would ho

I was a huge fan of The Beatrice Inn, so I also had to go just about as soon as it opened.  You have to book via Resy and pre-pay the $185 pp prix-fixe, plus tax and tip (you can leave the tip via Res

Liquid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Images

• 5 months later...

I deserve a treat and can’t resist this menu any longer. But it does make you wonder if they’ve pitched the price right when acres of tables are wide open.

I have a prime time reservation, for one, at a table (not the bar). Try that at El Quijote.

Oh well, grab it while it’s there. I wonder why the pork and rabbit pate has a $65 supplement?

The Beatrice Inn wasn’t cheap; maybe that crowd isn’t into this kind of food. 

And note that either Wells or Platt made a veiled reference to it at the end of some review of something else indicating that it wasn't going to get a full review on grounds of Crimes Against The Zeitgeist.

(Although I do have to say, tangentially, that I approve of the new trend where Wells especially but also Platt have widened their scope of coverage and use reviews, usually at the very end, to make points about other places they aren't reviewing.)

On 4/26/2022 at 6:00 PM, Wilfrid said:

The Beatrice Inn wasn’t cheap; maybe that crowd isn’t into this kind of food. 

While one COULD drop a ludicrous amount of money at the Bea, it wasn’t always necessary. We had meals for $500 (a couple) all in with drinks, tax, and tip - and meals for $200. (Still ludicrous to some, fine.)

At LTC you’re looking at close to $500 a couple, minimum, before you’ve even touched a drop of wine. For two courses and a fruit plate. Though I’ve heard she actually has a rudimentary dessert program now.

The Bea we could go to on a (splurgy) whim. Chevaux is a “special occasion” joint. They’re not in the same price category at all, really. Which is part of the reason why we haven’t bothered, despite being fans of The Bea - and I thought she was doing the best work of her career during their final run, and it was arguably the best Hot Pandemic Summer restaurant in the city. 

It took some chutzpah to have a higher price of entry than Le Bernardin… for essentially a two-course menu. I really wanted to want to go… but the more I read the less interested I was, and we just couldn’t be bothered.

Also I don’t have any non-jeans that fit and I’m not buying new pants just to go to dinner.

Anyway, that was the thought process of a former regular at Beatrice who left those empty tables on Resy. At this point, though, since I’m making about half the salary I was pre-pandemic, there are now other reasons I’ll probably never get to LTC before their inevitable closure or revamp.