Le Crocodile

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How short were the shorts? Did you catch a glimpse of any Parisian sausage?

Drink more?

I set up a separate drinks account on a separate credit card. 

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoyable meal here. Finally found the blanquette de veau I’ve been craving for years. My wife’s halibut was sort of boring though. Tables fairly small. Odd that they make you use the same dirty knife for both starters and mains. The rare place where the mains seemed more interesting than the starters.

So I’m going to proceed logically here … meal = enjoyable … assuming blanq de v AND  halibut are mains … blanq de v could be construed to be interesting AND halibut = boring … calculating => mains = 1 interesting, 1 boring … assuming 2 starters … mains seem MORE interesting than starters, hence  … calculating => both starters would then need to be boring … recapping => meal = enjoyable AND 3 boring dishes with 1 interesting main

Conclusion => Hey, taion, so am I correct that you now seem to enjoy boring food in your old age ?

P.S. How many taionites are you chasing around the house nowadays ?

• 2 weeks later...

LOL I think I'm going to urge the pater to dine here. They can seat six.

I always did love Reynard's Chartier-in-Williamsburg space. Le Crocodile's wine list seems more conventionally French, at least the reds. I see one can obtain ten-year old Mouton here for deux mille dollars. 🙃

1 hour ago, Neocon maudit said:

Blanquette de veau! Wilf, if you can recall Le Philosophe's version [the last I had? OMG], how would you compare?

The only complaint anyone could have about Le C’s version is that it is fatty (veal breast probably): I loved that.

I don’t recall it at Le Philosophe, but I have bad memories of a watery version at Tuen Ho’s Montmartre.