Le Crocodile

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How short were the shorts? Did you catch a glimpse of any Parisian sausage?

Drink more?

I set up a separate drinks account on a separate credit card. 

Posted Images

Funny enough, we could’ve sworn that the on line menu said duck breast when we made the reservation & that it changed the day of (both online & when there).  Now we’ll never know if you would’ve gotten a bad leg too.

I can’t believe I’m actually saying that the chicken entree is enough for 2 if apps. are had.  

18 hours ago, Steve R. said:

Funny enough, we could’ve sworn that the on line menu said duck breast when we made the reservation & that it changed the day of (both online & when there).  Now we’ll never know if you would’ve gotten a bad leg too.

I can’t believe I’m actually saying that the chicken entree is enough for 2 if apps. are had.  

It’s changed back to leg again. They really do update the online menu constantly. Just wish they’d remove the spelling mistake somehow introduced into “blanquette.”

1 hour ago, mitchells said:

Was here last night and ate at the bar. Fun night. Solid cocktails. Escargot and beet w/ smoked whitefish to start. Then shared the veal chop with those awesome fries. Could even think about dessert. Will definitely be back.

Haven’t been disappointed by a cocktail yet. Drank the Alaska last time.

Then you get home and eat Tomme de Crayeuse and think they could have wrung another $20 out of me if they had a cheese plate.

Two young women were seated at a table just opposite me. They waved away the menu because they just wanted to share one of the massive desserts with coffee. They were so happy when it was served, clapping and photographing. It was almost heart-warning, but I have no desire to eat that stuff.

The duck dish was good. Surprisingly it was a riff on sesame chicken, with seeds scattered over the bird and a dark, sweet and sour reduction, but the seeds were mustard seeds. Sunchokes delicious; I don’t know when I last ate them because I never think to put them on my shopping list; chanterelles were a little cold. I was expecting the pears to be a sweet element, but they came as very thinly shaved slices soaked in vinegar. The logic of the dish, with that sauce, made them the acid element, which made sense. 

10 hours ago, Wilfrid said:

The duck dish was good. Surprisingly it was a riff on sesame chicken, with seeds scattered over the bird and a dark, sweet and sour reduction, but the seeds were mustard seeds. Sunchokes delicious; I don’t know when I last ate them because I never think to put them on my shopping list; chanterelles were a little cold. I was expecting the pears to be a sweet element, but they came as very thinly shaved slices soaked in vinegar. The logic of the dish, with that sauce, made them the acid element, which made sense. 

I told Ginny to speak with an English accent but, no, she wouldn't.  She didn't even get any sesame seeds.