Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ūü§Ęūü§ģ There are so many things wrong with that. And the fact that it has kosher certification is the least of its problems.

Between this trip and the NOLA trip, I haven't dared to get on the scale. Great time at my cousins' house (menu is below).  My 6-year-old nephew is very small but has a big vocabulary already.  H

I am exhausted after just reading your menu.    And depressed that our TG is so soon coming up.    I loved 2020 with its non-family meal.    I think the kids may have had their double vax by late Nove

Posted Images

I have in the past made cranberry sauce and relish from fresh cranberries. But like several others here, I much prefer canned jellied cranberry sauce (not the whole berry type). Ocean Spray is my first choice, but ShopRite brand is o.k.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rozrapp said:

I have in the past made cranberry sauce and relish from fresh cranberries. But like several others here, I much prefer canned jellied cranberry sauce (not the whole berry type). Ocean Spray is my first choice, but ShopRite brand is o.k.

Don't get me wrong--I like the fresh stuff much better (especially Mom's cranberry-orange relish).  But I like the jellied version too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StephanieL said:

Don't get me wrong--I like the fresh stuff much better (especially Mom's cranberry-orange relish).  But I like the jellied version too.

That’s exactly the relish I’ve made in the past. Unless things have changed, that recipe was always on the back of the bag of Ocean Spray’s fresh cranberries. So maybe your mom got it from there. As relishes go, it’s pretty tasty.  Back when I was hosting or attending large family Thanksgiving dinners, it was always included because it was popular with many of the attendees.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2021 at 4:14 PM, rozrapp said:

That’s exactly the relish I’ve made in the past. Unless things have changed, that recipe was always on the back of the bag of Ocean Spray’s fresh cranberries. So maybe your mom got it from there. As relishes go, it’s pretty tasty.  Back when I was hosting or attending large family Thanksgiving dinners, it was always included because it was popular with many of the attendees.

Probably. and it's also super-easy to make.

Link to post
Share on other sites

dessert will likely be a bourbon pumpkin pie; a blackberry crumble pie from three babes; biscotti (tbd but right now i am considering pistachio, pine nuts or chocolate) or salame di cioccolato and/or ice cream.

the chocolate salami is a log of chocolate that also contains broken cookies, butter, eggs and amaretto or other liqueur. when sliced, it resembles salami.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm making a sour cream apple walnut pie, like I have every year for the past 25 or so, ever since I decided it was too much of a pain in the ass (and also too expensive) to get one from The Little Pie Company. And I'll be making it in my sister's New Orleans kitchen, which made me very nervous last year, but the pie came out good anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, small h said:

I'm making a sour cream apple walnut pie, like I have every year for the past 25 or so, ever since I decided it was too much of a pain in the ass (and also too expensive) to get one from The Little Pie Company. And I'll be making it in my sister's New Orleans kitchen, which made me very nervous last year, but the pie came out good anyway.

That pie from The Little Pie Company was my Thanksgiving contribution for years, even after we moved to California.  (We'd preorder it by phone and go into the city that Wednesday to pick it up.)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...