Pre-pandemic restaurants worth re-visiting

8 hours ago, rozrapp said:

Just to note that the correct name is Ci Siamo.

This is another place whose menu just drops to the floor with a thud.  What, I wonder, would you want to eat there?

I'm sure I'll try to walk in some night after a show at the Baryshnikov Arts Center, cuz I'll be right there and you can't always go to Farida (and also just to expose myself once again to Claudia Fleming's desserts).

But I'm not gonna GO there.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to have to go to karaoke there all the time and and I basically only liked it when we ate in the main room and I could have the bbq.

I really didn’t like the noodle dishes and dumplings.

I agree with sneak about the ambiance in the bar vs the main room.

I really like the noodle dishes and dumplings.  (I had a special boiled beef with noodles and horseradish soup last night that I thought just sang.) (For all the good that does small h.)

Small h may need to be the tie-breaker.

8 hours ago, Sneakeater said:

Do NOT eat in the actively unpleasant dining room. 

We're eating outside. The rabbi's not vegan (her wife is), but she is uncomfortable eating indoors. I hope this nice weather holds.

I am willing to be the dumpling tiebreaker.

9 hours ago, Sneakeater said:

This is another place whose menu just drops to the floor with a thud.  What, I wonder, would you want to eat there?

I'm sure I'll try to walk in some night after a show at the Baryshnikov Arts Center, cuz I'll be right there and you can't always go to Farida (and also just to expose myself once again to Claudia Fleming's desserts).

But I'm not gonna GO there.

I totally agree with you. There’s not a thing on the menu that appeals to me. Even Fleming’s desserts are boring. Well, maybe the roasted figs since I love fresh figs. Not that any of this matters to me since we’re not doing indoor restaurant dining.

Is Fleming doing all Meyer’s restaurants’ dessert menus?  USC also has bomboloni on the dessert menu. I ordered them and, though I liked them, the size of each and the portion were way too much for one person — at least, for me.  Michael didn’t want to share, so he had a sundae which he had no trouble finishing. I took the leftovers home, but they didn’t travel well.

ETA: Out of curiosity, I checked reservations. Resy shows they are sold out for tables for two through mid-November. 

On 10/15/2021 at 2:49 PM, Wilfrid said:

I do have the impression that Le C has a captive audience of hotel guests.

I was surprised to see Ci Siamo (corrected) open while Mailalino remains closed. I wonder if there's some problem with Maialino, because I think he opened everywhere else up.

Incidentally, I noticed DB opened Le Pavillon in midtown but the Bistro Moderne remains closed.