Pre-pandemic restaurants worth re-visiting

Holy cow. We actually passed down Lexington this weekend, and I should have noticed the lack of activity once we reached Gramercy Park, but I can't remember the hour [night]. Still, in the old days there would have been taxis and women smoking outside the Rose Bar...

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The waitress offered me a second glass and I was like, “NO I’LL TALK I’LL TALK.”

Wineboarding?

I think this week we had the first covid-era meal at Frenchette that was up to the old standards. While I might be suspected as a vampire zombie, I very much enjoyed the boudin noir and brains, as well as a very correct steak tartare and tastes of a Tautog dish. 

On 10/24/2021 at 11:45 PM, Orik said:

I think this week we had the first covid-era meal at Frenchette that was up to the old standards. While I might be suspected as a vampire zombie, I very much enjoyed the boudin noir and brains, as well as a very correct steak tartare and tastes of a Tautog dish. 

I saw extensive outside seating when I walked by the other day. They must have almost double the capacity (if they can keep it warm).

Yes the kitchen was sending out plates at an incredible pace. 

The roadside portion has large and very expensive electric heaters that of course aren't enough (maybe if they fully enclose it they'll be okay). The sidewalk had propane heaters last year but those are being taken away. 

11 minutes ago, Wilfrid said:

They had a great location for outside so interesting they didn’t continue with the extension. Maybe for pizza only. 

The Ko bar door is extremely hard to open because there's no return air for the vent there, so the only way they could serve the outside is from the main restaurant, which seems difficult if they're running it as a Michelin starred place again. 

• 4 weeks later...