New loyalty program from Danny Meyer

With the cheapest buy-in at $250 it’s an easy way to get $75-$150 off dinner for two at GT or The Modern, with no long-term loyalty commitment. 

I wonder if he’s been out to Flushing recently  A lot of the higher end places out there have been doing this for years, in a slightly different format. 

something i might give it to a college who appreciates fine dining as a gift. But i'm not wanting to give Danny M an interest free loan. I never remember to use these things. i still have a $500 gift certificate for kosher catering that's like 20 years old

3 hours ago, splinky said:

something i might give it to a college who appreciates fine dining as a gift. But i'm not wanting to give Danny M an interest free loan. I never remember to use these things. i still have a $500 gift certificate for kosher catering that's like 20 years old

It’s not interest free. You are getting more $$$ back in food than $$$ you are putting in. 

13 hours ago, splinky said:

Do you remember who it's for? Because after 20 years the place might not be open any more.

• Haha 2
19 hours ago, Anthony Bonner said:

No no no - its called "Working Capital Finance" and it turns out not only can you frontload revenue these days, but in certain cases you could frontload sales you think you should make but don't actually have orders for.

I think I get approached by someone offering one of these schemes every other day - everything from the salesperson suggesting you offer perks and then proceed to rapidly devalue them to borderline securities fraud skirting reg A / A+ / D filings. 

It's clearly not.  No one gives you nothing for free.  You're giving them some liquidity and he's selling you a meal at a lower variable margin for him when he's not at 100% capacity so he gets some operating leverage.  It's not a bad deal for either side but you are an unsecured creditor.

Anyone who tries to ask people to donate to a charity to support their covid laid off workers when they themselves are worth hundreds of millions of dollars and were born into a similar family fortune is not someone you should take at face value.

( Actually his families former Family office - long since independent is one of my firms biggest competitors)