Gouie (in the Market Line)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh, most of my friends are people I kind of dislike.

Yeah, I'm waiting out a few marriages so I can look forward to seeing my friends again, sans spouses.

This here: https://www.bbfkapposono.com/

Posted Images

2 hours ago, joethefoodie said:

Significant Eater has declared, after two visits to each place, that she enjoys BBF a bit more.  Possibly because they offer more stuff is what I think. 

Sorry, but what's BBF?

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/27/2022 at 3:34 PM, small h said:

I've been thrice to BBF, and I think I lean toward Gouie. Because I think I've had everything I need to have at BBF, while Gouie keeps throwing new stuff at me. But BBF has a full bar, so it's a close race.

Tried bbf for the first time last week and I don’t think I’ll be back.  It might be useful for something (open on Tuesday), but it’s way too far from traditional sushi to work for me when I’m looking for that.  

6 minutes ago, small h said:

Yeah, it's kind of neither fish nor fowl. I like it, though.

I did not love it, but I do think I could do a better job ordering the second time.  The service was also awful which didn’t help.  I can’t see choosing it over Gouie in any case.  

Interesting.  I was there the first night they were open, and the service was awful.  (It got better once they made me.)  But I attributed that to its being their first night.  Guess not.

• 3 weeks later...

Mantis shrimp w/white asparagus and cabbage (excellent, beautiful dashi, could have eaten 5 of these), tofu croquette w/crab (nice but a little heavy, crab got kind of lost in the onion and ginger), barracuda (very appealing soft texture, delicate flavor), Orient clam (just okay, too chewy, rice great as always). 

And then I went People’s Wine for mackerel tataki w/pickled ramps. Over-ate, over-drank, over-spent. Don’t care!

0905DC3A-5594-4378-B436-C4DD797336E4.jpeg

7843B6E9-DA91-4949-BE27-83CD1C97E7C1.jpeg

F98D5A13-5A8E-451C-96E1-2B24E79FDB77.jpeg

8EE03AB6-6EF2-48F2-B6F3-32214FF790B1.jpeg

C724098B-BA5E-46E0-AD49-CAFECB953CC0.jpeg