Won't be wearing anything on my head... though most Indian brides do.

Shoes--fortunately, gold shoes are in style and I can pick up a pair in NY and avoid buying them in NJ

Today--major shopping day--G got his suit for wedding #2 (Hugo Boss)....mmmm and his dress for Wedding #1. I don't know how to describe it.

We also bought our rings in Jersey. We got what we wanted--it helps to be good customers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

5 weeks to go.

Had trial makeup and hair with artist for Indian wedding. Going to go with this woman who is the best in the biz. Apparently, the full on slaught towards making me look like an Indian bride is happening.

The Indian wedding will be overflowing--we tasted the food some weeks ago and I was really pleased--honestly, some of the best Indian food I have had in the greater metropolitan area--I actually enjoyed it more than a dinner at Tamarind.

5 weeks to go.

Had trial makeup and hair with artist for Indian wedding. Going to go with this woman who is the best in the biz. Apparently, the full on slaught towards making me look like an Indian bride is happening.

The Indian wedding will be overflowing--we tasted the food some weeks ago and I was really pleased--honestly, some of the best Indian food I have had in the greater metropolitan area--I actually enjoyed it more than a dinner at Tamarind.

I've always wanted to attend an Indian wedding.

5 weeks to go.

Had trial makeup and hair with artist for Indian wedding. Going to go with this woman who is the best in the biz.  Apparently, the full on slaught towards making me look like an Indian bride is happening.

is that a hint stephanie?

5 weeks to go.

Had trial makeup and hair with artist for Indian wedding. Going to go with this woman who is the best in the biz.  Apparently, the full on slaught towards making me look like an Indian bride is happening.

is that a hint stephanie?

No, nothing like that. It just sounds really interesting and completely different from all the other weddings I've been too. Plus I bet the food is great.

• 2 weeks later...

I do have a menu... but I cannot access the doc on this computer.

Annother event has been added to the weekend. Very dear friends of mine--practically second set of parents to me--are throwing a bridal lunch at Blue Hill. The hostess (my friend) is going to email about menu selection.

I do have a menu... but I cannot access the doc on this computer.

Annother event has been added to the weekend. Very dear friends of mine--practically second set of parents to me--are throwing a bridal lunch at Blue Hill. The hostess (my friend) is going to email about menu selection.

I hope you will consider writing a book. This is a very engaging story...

• 2 weeks later...

My wedding sari is similiar to this

I am getting married in a traditional south indian sari--this is as similar as I have found online.

G's parents were thinking about not having a dosa station as it was going to be prohibitively expensive--but G found another guy to do it at the wedding...I don't think I will be partaking in that as dosas put me to sleep, happily. But I have an attendant who will be making sure I have all the roti in the world. Can you tell I am obsessed?

Thanks, RP.

Heavens - it's soon, isn't it!?

MyKong, you sound like you're well in control of everything. Your flowers sound amazing (LOVE the limes & hydrangeas), as does the dosa station, as do the double wedding days. I suspect that you'll be really glad to have had two full days of wedding when it's all over. I was happy just to have had a quiet civil ceremony the day before my "real" one, as it kept the whole event from flashing by too quickly to be remembered.

Sleep well over the next few nights and enjoy the champagne on the days. All the very best to you both. :(

And btw, like Lippy I am positively gagging for photos of all this. No pressure, or anything. (Well okay, Lippy is far too elegant to gag. But I'm not, and I am.)

It is soon. Actually, my darling husband to be should get most of the credit for the planning. I will promise to post pictures when we get back. I enjoyed your wedding photos so I will be sure to return the favor.