girl chow

[SEA] Taco trucks

love the idea of another crawl, but the 27th is a bit dicey for me...

• Like 1

This topic is very intriguing, and exciting. I love tacos, born and raised on tacos. There was some talk of a map but I didn't quite get if it was done or where it is. I think a taco truck map is one of the best ideas I've ever heard of. I'll have to start one for Anchorage. They are becoming quite a trend, like java, well....kinda sorta.

I'd be interested. 6/27 could work. And Thomas C's idea of putting a map together is spot on.

Hey folks - this sorta dropped off of my radar - and we still haven't heard back yet from Girl Chow. Perhaps we should plan a date in the future when we can get more organized?

The Taco Map Project (TTMP)

I would love to take on part of the map project - I can collect and assemble the data. Anyone have any ideas about creating a webpage with an interactive map? Or should we leave it simple and just create a list to start?

Anyways - if you know a taco truck location - send me the details via pm. Info needed would include:

Name

Address

City

Neighborhood (Beacon Hill, Burien,etc - so we can sort by hood when doing a crawl)

Intersection or Cross Streets

Eat in (tent, bus) or no seating

Taco Ratings

If you have eaten there, how many tacos would you give it on a scale of 1-5. 5 tacos being the best, 1 taco horrible, 0 or less - call the health department!

Favorite Item eaten

Specialties

Thanks all - let me know what you think of for a new date!

Pat

You can do a shared Google map

Hey folks - this sorta dropped off of my radar - and we still haven't heard back yet from Girl Chow. Perhaps we should plan a date in the future when we can get more organized?

The Taco Map Project (TTMP)

I would love to take on part of the map project - I can collect and assemble the data. Anyone have any ideas about creating a webpage with an interactive map? Or should we leave it simple and just create a list to start?

Anyways - if you know a taco truck location - send me the details via pm. Info needed would include:

Name

Address

City

Neighborhood (Beacon Hill, Burien,etc - so we can sort by hood when doing a crawl)

Intersection or Cross Streets

Eat in (tent, bus) or no seating

Taco Ratings

If you have eaten there, how many tacos would you give it on a scale of 1-5. 5 tacos being the best, 1 taco horrible, 0 or less - call the health department!

Favorite Item eaten

Specialties

Thanks all - let me know what you think of for a new date!

Pat

Obviously, I am clueless. But I can be trained! I now have a map started - send me some info and I will get it on there!

Perhaps we could call for a Taco Truck day, where as many of who can, go to their nearest truck, sample and send in the info and results!

Just discovered that October 4th is National Taco day - let's all be sure to celebrate when it rolls around :rolleyes:

Just discovered a taco truck on Boren (the section that nobody knows exists), just north of Harrison, adjacent to the new Amazon-ville. Adobada and lengua tacos were solid and are the best lunch value in the area by some margin.

Just discovered a taco truck on Boren (the section that nobody knows exists), just north of Harrison, adjacent to the new Amazon-ville. Adobada and lengua tacos were solid and are the best lunch value in the area by some margin.

One modifier...skip the carnitas. Dry and flavorless, two things carnitas should never be.

Twice now I've eaten at a taco truck in on the west side of Pac Hwy in Des Moines around S 244th that is great. I would put it on the level of El Camion in terms of quality. South bound on Pac Hwy, what you see on the truck is 'Cocina Mexicana', though I don't think that's actually the name. One thing that sets this truck apart is that they offer at least 8 different kinds of meat, including barbacoa, birria and some nasty bits. Tacos are $0.99 per, amazing value.