Alas, there are no Park and Ride stops near the beginning of our Seattle route. Near our first Seattle stop, though, there appears to be a public parking lot on the west side of Rainier just before Edmunds.

http://www.ci.seattle.wa.us/transportation...mbia_map1_2.pdf

Let's meet at Dos Hermanos, and then if people want to carpool from there, folks can leave their cars at the public lot. I'm also happy to pick up folks, so long as your cool crawling into the back of our 2-door car.

~Anita

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

love the idea of another crawl, but the 27th is a bit dicey for me...

WHITE CENTER

Carniceria El Paisano, 9629 15th Ave. S.W.; (206)767-5526

hi - sticking my nose in here...i was just there on saturday and this carniceria doesn't have tacos (i don't think) but the bus around the corner (at 15th and 98th - across the street from the US bank and just down about half a block from the carniceria) is a truck. can't remember the name...the something 2. the wait was pretty long there. make sure to ask for an onion and a roasted pepper!

i'm going to try to join for some if not all of the south crawl. i'm dying to go to the burien spot with the fresh tortillas.

WHITE CENTER

Carniceria El Paisano, 9629 15th Ave. S.W.; (206)767-5526

hi - sticking my nose in here...i was just there on saturday and this carniceria doesn't have tacos (i don't think) but the bus around the corner (at 15th and 98th - across the street from the US bank and just down about half a block from the carniceria) is a truck. can't remember the name...the something 2. the wait was pretty long there. make sure to ask for an onion and a roasted pepper!

i'm going to try to join for some if not all of the south crawl. i'm dying to go to the burien spot with the fresh tortillas.

Thanks Reese! I've never been to Carniceria El Paisano, so it's good you checked in. Does anyone know the name of the other truck Reese mentioned that's by U.S. Bank?

Does anyone know the name of the other truck Reese mentioned that's by U.S. Bank?

uhhh....'the taco truck in White Center across the street from US Bank'? :blush:

Oh geeze, thanks for being so helpful! Just for that, we're going to drop a sack of taco wrappers on your door step after our excursion!

Ok, so we'll stick with calling that one the "truck at 15th and 98th"

Does anyone know the name of the other truck Reese mentioned that's by U.S. Bank?

uhhh....'the taco truck in White Center across the street from US Bank'? :blush:

Oh geeze, thanks for being so helpful! Just for that, we're going to drop a sack of taco wrappers on your door step after our excursion!

Isn't the fact that I can't go on this excursion really punishment enough?

The PI guide says its called Taqueria La Fondita II:

TAQUERIA LA FONDITA II

Where: 9811 15th Ave. S.W.; southeast corner of Southwest 98th Street and 15th Avenue Southwest adjacent to lot where farmers market is held

What: Wagon with shaded tented outdoor eating area with picnic tables

Hours: 10 a.m.-11 p.m. daily

What's good: Adobado or carne asada tacos ($.89 each); shrimp ceviche tostada ($1.99); grilled whole onion garnish

QUOTE]

TAQUERIA LA FONDITA II

Where: 9811 15th Ave. S.W.; southeast corner of Southwest 98th Street and 15th Avenue Southwest adjacent to lot where farmers market is held

What's good: Adobado or carne asada tacos ($.89 each); shrimp ceviche tostada ($1.99); grilled whole onion garnish

Ahhh, see -- now you're being helpful!! Thanks Tighe, I knew you could play nice.

TAQUERIA LA FONDITA II

I'm not sure if you have a typo, but my take out menu from Taqueria La Fondita #2 taco bus says it's at 98111 15th Ave. SW. (corner of 98th and 15th, a block down from Angkor Market).

I've gone there numerous times, and as I reported either earlier in this thread or the Welcome Seattleites thread, when I was there a few weeks ago, I was disappointed. The soft corn tortilla shells were a bit hardened, and the covered picnic area smelled of bleach, so I ate elsewhere. But otherwise, I have had many good tacos there previously (I usually get the Carnitas tacos) and they are about $1 now.

(wait, is Ye-Ye girl here yet?)

I'm here now, I've just been lurking for a while.

Unfortunately, Taqueria El Cazador - the taco truck at 104th & 256th in Kent - is no longer there. So your Plan B - the taco truck on Meeker Street - will be your best bet.

man, I think most foks are going to have enough trouble eating a taco per stop without a pile of 'cue in the mix!

...and here I thought this was a group of people who were serious about eating!... :rolleyes: :(