Marvin Lee Aday - aka Meat Loaf

9 hours ago, small h said:

I've probably listened to Bat Out of Hell more than any other album except for Bad Reputation. I'm going to sing it in my head all day.

"Paradise by the Dashboard Light", along with "Sweet Child of Mine", was played ad nauseum by a couple of my dormates down the hall from me all freshman year.

1 minute ago, StephanieL said:

"Paradise by the Dashboard Light", along with "Sweet Child of Mine", was played ad nauseum by a couple of my dormates down the hall from me all freshman year.

You deserve a purple heart.

4 minutes ago, StephanieL said:

Had you been in my dorm, you would've heard "When You Were Mine" and "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" incessantly. Better? Worse? Who knows. I like all four songs, myself.

Related: I have been to several weddings at which "Paradise" was played, and men and women lined up opposite each other, Red Rover-style, and sang their respective call and response lyrics. Which always struck me as deeply strange.

• Haha 1
On 1/21/2022 at 9:34 AM, Wilfrid said:

"Ellen Foley, who went on to star in Season 1 of Night Court..."  

Just how she would want to be remembered.

In a strange coincidence, she was a close high school friend of my wife's mother in St Louis during the late 1960s. Donna Roosman who married Duane Allman (they had a daughter together) was in the same class and also a good friend.

8 hours ago, Sneakeater said:

For some reason I can accept that I'm a generation before you.  But that my rough coeval Ellen Foley is a generation before you seems unimaginable to me.

Well...my wife was born when her mom was 17. So more like a half of a generation.