inspired by chile, wants to work with seafood and plants as well as ingredients like squab and pheasant (i guess the peasants demanded equal billing), brought to you by someone who used to cook at chumley’s and gotham bar and grill. seems to tick all the right boxes. seaweed figures prominently on the menu. sous chef worked at crown shy and nomad.

28 cortlandt alley (broadway)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We had one of those lessons in 7th grade. I was called up to the front and presented with a NYTimes (I guess because the teacher assumed I'd not be familiar with such a sophisticated paper). She start

keep buying lotto tickets

Roman's Yacht, 2023  

Posted Images

The facts that they don't yet have a website up, and aren't mentioned on the website of the hotel they're in, make me wonder whether they're REALLY opening Thursday.  (I need to find out if I'll be able to make it after my show that night!)

7 minutes ago, Sneakeater said:

The facts that they don't yet have a website up, and aren't mentioned on the website of the hotel they're in, make me wonder whether they're REALLY opening Thursday.  (I need to find out if I'll be able to make it after my show that night!)

I read that article before it was posted here. Considering the horrible experience we had at Gotham when she helmed the kitchen, there’s no way I’d ever try this place. Plus, the food she’ll be serving as described in the article holds no appeal to me. Still, if you do eat there on Thursday, or anytime after, I’ll be interested to hear what you think. 

Her stint at the Greenpoint, Bklyn location of the Paris restaurant Fulgurances (called "Laundromat") last year wasn't that great either.  At least, not for us.

Victoria Blamey was fabulous at Chumley's.  And I, unlike Roz, thought she did a good job in a very uncomfortable situation at Gotham.  I suspect her failure at Fulgurances had as much to do with the restaurant's budget as with her cooking.  I have very high hopes for this place.

16 minutes ago, Sneakeater said:

Victoria Blamey was fabulous at Chumley's.  And I, unlike Roz, thought she did a good job in a very uncomfortable situation at Gotham.  

That’s probably because you didn’t order the steak.

3 hours ago, Sneakeater said:

.... I suspect her failure at Fulgurances had as much to do with the restaurant's budget as with her cooking.  

That’s clearly been the problem with all 3 of the chef rotations thru there to date.

Nope... and may not.  We like them & the format but the meals have left us wanting a bit more, both with the food & the wine pairings.  This was true at our visit in Paris as well (where we met the guy who’s now managing the Bklyn location).  However, within that, the last chef got more out of it when he first arrived.  Our subsequent dinner with him still there wasn’t as good.

Disappointed to hear that Fulgurances is not very good! I guess the guest chef thing is harder when you don't have car company funding.

I do like the looks of this new spot, which is apparently just a tenant of (not affiliated with) the hotel.

As for Blamey, a friend had nothing but good things to say about her Stone Barns residency.