This place is a blast.

There is no better bar to eat at in New York right now.  (I’m sure the dining room is also great fun.)

And the food is actually GOOD.

COMP DISCLOSURE:  They just told me I’m about to receive some comped new menu item that goes with the comped glass of wine they just poured me.  

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tiny letters toward the bottom of their website landing page, to the right of "Menu".

It is such a BLIGHT that so few places do now. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/12/dining/el-quijote-review-hotel-chelsea.html @EvelynAccording to Pete Wells, if you can believe that guy, it's a rum-flavored gâteau Basque, served with cara car

Posted Images

Casa Dani is weird. Some good stuff like the tuna carpaccio, some inexplicable like a way undercooked paella, but I guess every Dani Garcia restaurant I've been to was like that. I'm curious as to whether this all represents an embracing of Spanish food, or just a decline of everything else. 

• 4 weeks later...

That butifarra really IS good.

I came here from a flamenco show.  Not much Andalusian food on the menu. But I’m drinking a lot of Sherry, The Official Fortified Wine Of Flamenco. 

Specifics, please, gentlemen, some details for those of us too mundane to feast on vibe alone.

I read that the restaurant has shrunk significantly. Has the food improved proportionately?