PNW - Wine of the Month

Guest rockdoggydog

Well I'll add something to this thread... the Syncline Rosé is now available in stores :) And while I've not opened one yet, the initial report is that its as good as last years.

eta: Interesting to read back through this thread. I've done quite a bit of wine tasting in the past 3-4 years and my palate has really changed.

I think one of the best pieces of advice I've ever heard is to 'keep an open mind' when it comes to wine. You may think you dislike wine xyz or wines from abc, but keep trying them, and keep trying new varietals. it just may lead you in new and interesting directions. :)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'll add something to this thread... the Syncline Rosé is now available in stores :) And while I've not opened one yet, the initial report is that its as good as last years.

eta: Interesting to read back through this thread. I've done quite a bit of wine tasting in the past 3-4 years and my palate has really changed.

I think one of the best pieces of advice I've ever heard is to 'keep an open mind' when it comes to wine. You may think you dislike wine xyz or wines from abc, but keep trying them, and keep trying new varietals. it just may lead you in new and interesting directions. :)

I think I just saw it for $16.99 at Ballard Market

I've also seen the Syncline at Met Market Sandpoint and at the Pike and Western wine markert....I think the price was the same as at Ballard Mkt. Time to grab a few bottles!

• 2 weeks later...

I've also seen the Syncline at Met Market Sandpoint and at the Pike and Western wine markert....I think the price was the same as at Ballard Mkt. Time to grab a few bottles!

OK, so now I've tasted it. :) I like this wine, it's dry, which is something a lot of domestics can't seem to pull off~ and its got that light summer fruit thing going. There's an after-note that gives it away as a domestic imho, but it's a very nice wine. QPR? Well, at $17 it's a bit steep, considering I can still pick up good French and Spanish rosés for $10-$11...

I bought the 2008 Syncline Rosé at Whole Foods for $15.99 or something like that. When I actually make some food that will go with it, I'll report back on my thoughts.

Rosé goes with everything! :)

I had the one that Jan & I like with the sun on the label the other night and the 07 was very good. I think it was $12 but I'll double check as I need to buy more

Sorin?

The 08 is out now.

• 4 weeks later...

I went to Esquin and picked up a bunch of rosés. Then I went to Whole Paycheck and I saw most of the rosés I picked up at Esquin, and amazingly enough, the prices are the same! Since when does that happen?!