1 hour ago, Behemoth said:

We were staying near Market Street in 2019 (for a conference) and it was truly shocking. Much worse than what I remember in the early aughts when I was last there -- which at the time already had a serious homelessness problem. 

Still... in SF it's happening in the busiest part of the city. 

You bring up an excellent point.   The areas you mention are indeed Visitor Central.    I haven't set foot on Market Street in ????? years.   As a local, no need.   I read about tourist horrors but they report stuff most/many locals never encounter.   

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Once Musk moves into Twitter HQ he'll clean things up with his flamethrowers.

I would really say no. My memories only go back to 1989/90 but that was Union Square and Madison Square empty but for the homeless, open air drug markets, avoiding the subway, certainly avoiding the S

Ok it turns out Musk will be the weirdo flashing you outside Twitter HQ. 

Posted Images

21 hours ago, voyager said:

You bring up an excellent point.   The areas you mention are indeed Visitor Central.    I haven't set foot on Market Street in ????? years.   As a local, no need.   I read about tourist horrors but they report stuff most/many locals never encounter.   

I used to work in the FiDi.  Not nearly as bad as Union Square/Tenderloin, but I had my share of close encounters, including waiting for my drink at the Peet's in my office building and seeing a guy stuff many, many bags of coffee beans into a duffel bag.  

Now I get to work near Fisherman's Wharf and encounter the horrors caused by tourists.

• Sad 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2022 at 4:58 PM, Orik said:

Once Musk moves into Twitter HQ he'll clean things up with his flamethrowers.

Ok it turns out Musk will be the weirdo flashing you outside Twitter HQ. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm laughing at my logic while I write that I really don't like the ambiance at  Ferry Plaza; the shoppers seem to me smug.    While at Bryan's they're not the least bit smug, just entitled!

3 hours ago, joethefoodie said:

Lovely display, however. Is it even local asparagus, or is from Mexico?

Note the PLU number (upsidedown on far right bunch), 94080, -> USA

Screen Shot 2022-05-22 at 11.33.11 AM.png

• 2 weeks later...