[SEA] Restaurant Happenings around town

Kabab House closed.

I love the comments. Small towns are fun!

Ha! Especially the part where they surmise I haven't left Seattle much. I'm bummed that I will no longer be across the street from this place, their Pakistani food was really great--we got in one final dinner last night. I was introduced to this place by our Pakistani family friends--they say it's the only place the food is like home (and I'd heard that from other South Asians as well). Luckily they are moving, not actually closing, so they'll be in Kirkland.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seattle Shake May 1-22: 2 cocktails, 1 appetizer = $15. Faves like Ibiza, May, Palace Kitchen, and Il Bistro are participating. Most places have a choice of 3 or 4 cocktails, and a similar amount of a

Savor, a benefit dinner and auction for Food Lifeline is happening on April 27 at Copperleaf. Interesting lineup of chefs participating, particularly since it includes Monique Barbeau and Armandino Batali. Not sure we'll make it, but thought it was worth throwing out here.
  • 3 weeks later...

Planes, Trains and Traveling Chefs!

The series will feature six critically acclaimed chefs from the West Coast - from California to Canada, working alongside Matt's Head Chef Chester Gerl... Each dinner will consist of six courses, with our guest chef and Chester alternating courses throughout the meal. Each guest chef will tour the Pike Place Market with Chester before each dinner to collaborate on their "Market-influenced" dishes... In addition to the six course dinner, a selection of outstanding wines will be paired and offered for free with each course.

Gabriel Rucker - April 16th, 2012

Vikram Vij - April 23rd, 2012

Ryan Farr - April 30, 2012

Andy Ricker - May 7th, 2012

Dominique Crenn - May 14th, 2012

Naomi Pomeroy - June 11th, 2012

I believe each dinner is $125 or $100 if you book all six dinners. I wish the dates weren't so close together - there's quite a few I would like to attend.

Planes, Trains and Traveling Chefs!

The series will feature six critically acclaimed chefs from the West Coast - from California to Canada, working alongside Matt's Head Chef Chester Gerl... Each dinner will consist of six courses, with our guest chef and Chester alternating courses throughout the meal. Each guest chef will tour the Pike Place Market with Chester before each dinner to collaborate on their "Market-influenced" dishes... In addition to the six course dinner, a selection of outstanding wines will be paired and offered for free with each course.

Gabriel Rucker - April 16th, 2012

Vikram Vij - April 23rd, 2012

Ryan Farr - April 30, 2012

Andy Ricker - May 7th, 2012

Dominique Crenn - May 14th, 2012

Naomi Pomeroy - June 11th, 2012

I believe each dinner is $125 or $100 if you book all six dinners. I wish the dates weren't so close together - there's quite a few I would like to attend.

I love Crenn's food. If you can only pick one or a few I'd recommend her.

If you have an Alaska Airlines Signature Visa card, special winemaker's dinner this Saturday at El Gaucho:

Alaska Airlines Visa Signature Card holders are invited

to experience an exclusive Klipsun Vineyards Winemaker Dinner,

featuring the owners of Klipsun Vineyards, Patricia and David Gelles

and four award-winning winemakers that use Klipsun grapes:

Chris Sparkman of Sparkman Cellars, Mark Ryan of Mark Ryan Winery,

Brennon Leighton of EFESTE and John Bigelow of JM Cellars.

El Gaucho Seattle

Saturday, March 31, 2012

6:30pm

$95 per person, plus tax and gratuity

Call 206.728.1337 to make reservations

with your Alaska Airlines Visa Signature card.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MENU

Amuse

Chilled Seafood

Poached clams, squid, prawns, lobster, crab, avocado mousse

Tropical fruit puree, lemon butter

2009 Eklipse Semillon/Sauvignon Blanc

Artisan Duck Breast

Duck confit potato salad, almonds, black currants, verjus butter

2009 JM Tre Fanciulli

Grilled Lamb Loin

Black lentils, grilled eggplant, mint, cumin, olive

2009 Efeste Ceidleigh Syrah

Grilled Certified Angus Beef® brand Filet Mignon

Slow roasted shemeji mushrooms, fresh herbs, truffle bordelaise

2009 Mark Ryan Lonely Heart Cabernet Sauvignon

2009 Sparkman Kingpin Cabernet Sauvignon

Goat Cheese Panna Cotta

Crushed walnuts, honey, quince

2007 Eklipse Late Harvest Semillon

John Bigelow of JM Cellars

Hey - that's my old boss!

How did you find out about this? I have one of these cards but didn't hear anything! Do I need to sign up for alerts or something?

John Bigelow of JM Cellars

Hey - that's my old boss!

How did you find out about this? I have one of these cards but didn't hear anything! Do I need to sign up for alerts or something?

I didn't get an alert either. It was on the "Taste Washington" FB page, and I jumped on it.

• 3 weeks later...

Technically I guess not a restaurant happening, but, what the heck, close enough.

Seattle Cheese Festival time is coming up. It will be the weekend of May 19-20th at the Pike Place Public Market.

Yes, the Grilled Cheese Sandwich contest is back. It is being joined this year by a Macaroni and Cheese contest. $250 Gift Card to DeLaurenti and the winning recipe gets featured at the DeLaurenti Cafe during the Festival!

Recipe submission deadline is May 1st. More details at http://www.seattlecheesefestival.com/

See you there!

~Jason

• 1 month later...

This sounds like a rockin' deal. Five course menu at Delicatus with wine pairings from Fall Line Winery for $55 pp. For those not familiar, Fall Line is located in Georgetown and produces primarily Bordeaux style blends. The winery was started a few years back by Tim Sorenson, a former econ professor of mine at Seattle U. Very good stuff, IMO.