[SEA] Restaurant Happenings around town

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seattle Shake May 1-22: 2 cocktails, 1 appetizer = $15. Faves like Ibiza, May, Palace Kitchen, and Il Bistro are participating. Most places have a choice of 3 or 4 cocktails, and a similar amount of a

Guest rockdoggydog

Some more happenings coming up:

Silverlake Winery in Woodinville

7-29 to 7-31 Grand Event wine tasting, all reserve wines on sale and available to taste

Silverlake in Zillah

Sunday’s In August Concert Series – Zillah

Listen to live music and sample our award winning wines in a beautiful

park-like setting. Salmon dinner available for $10.00

August 7th

The Marlayne Kyle Trio plays classic Jazz, Swing and Blues

August 14th

The wild bluegrass sounds of Catch & Release

August 21st

R & B singer Dianne Jongeuard

August 28th

Entertainment Express performs a musical review from the

1920’s to 1970’s

Start Making Plans For The Biggest Event Of The Year

Celebrate the 2005 Grape Harvest With Us In Zillah!

Silver Lake’s 2005 Harvest Party, scheduled for Saturday, 3 September,

is one event you don't want to miss.

Blessing of the Grapes

Grape Stomping Contest

Piñata Games for Kid

Festive Music

Mexican Lunch

August 2nd at 7pm at Hi-Life

Wine Dinner with Eola Hills 5 courses $50

Rocky

I'll start. Next Monday is the Culinary Communion's open house for their new Eastside location.

Here's a link:

http://www.culinarycommunion.com/events.html

And the details...Check it out:

Eastside Culinary Communion Open House: Monday, August 1, 2005, 6-9 pm

We'd like to welcome you to our Eastside location at the kitchens of Cuizam! in Kirkland, introduce you to our chefs, and ply you with food and wine. Join us Monday, August 1, from 6 to 9 pm, for an Open House to show off the space, celebrate our new Eastside classes, and just say hi. Bring family, friends, and anyone who'd like to learn more about CC—or just have a bite to eat and enjoy a great party!

Meet the Chefs

Participate in Hands-On Cooking Lessons: drop-in sessions on homemade pasta (take some home!), hand-tossed pizza, homemade ice cream, pâté, gougères, and more

Enjoy Appetizers & Snacks

Sip Wine & Beer

Win Door Prizes & Drawings

Kids are welcome! Drop by for a few minutes or a few hours. Directions to Cuizam! are available here.

You do not have to RSVP—in fact, please feel free to just drop in at the last minute—but if you know for sure that you're planning to attend, we'd love it if you could shoot us an email to help us in planning. We hope you can bring a friend! Grab someone who needs to know about CC and bring them along for a good time.

See you at the party!

So, is anyone planning on going to this?

I'm hoping to be there as well. I've been eyeing their class schedule for a while so this is a perfect opportunity for me to check them out.

Next Monday is the Culinary Communion's open house for their new Eastside location.

Thanks for posting about this Scarlett. It was a great chance for me to get a look at their facility (wow!) and an impression of their teachers. I signed up for the charcuterie class in September :o

It was nice to see folks there.

Next Monday is the Culinary Communion's open house for their new Eastside location.

Thanks for posting about this Scarlett. It was a great chance for me to get a look at their facility (wow!) and an impression of their teachers. I signed up for the charcuterie class in September :P

It was nice to see folks there.

I just signed up for the September charcuterie class as well. It will be great to see you and Fai Jai et al there. :o wl

It was great seeing everyone at last night's Culinary Communion event. I saw some mighty fine pizza making skills!

Did anyone notice on their flier that Sue McCown from Earth & Ocean will be teaching a chocolate class? It's not posted on the website yet, but apparently Sue will be teaching three classes this fall: pies, souffles, and chocolate. I can't wait!

Speaking of happenings...this Thursday 8/4 is Sunset at the Market:

http://www.pikeplacemarket.org/frameset.asp?flash=true

Sunset Thursdays on Pike Place

Thursdays, August 4 and September 1, 5 pm - 9 pm

Meet your friends, relax and unwind after work at the Pike Place Market's north end between Stewart and Virginia streets. Shop for farm-fresh fruits and vegetables, unique crafts and services, then enjoy a soothing summer sunset.

Live music, tables and seating on Pike Place will make you make you want to linger well into the evening as you watch the sun set behind the Olympics.

It's also the first Thursday of the month and Art Walk. The SAM will be open late with free admission and music.

Dunno where I should've put this, so decided here was alright.

Belated congrats to Alfonso, Charlotte and the rest of the crew at Sofrito Rico. This year they were voted "Best of the Fest" at the Ballard Seafood Fest...AGAIN!

2 years in a row! Great Job, Yo!

:o

~Jason

The Festival Latino is this weekend (F - Su) at the White Center Park.  Sure to be some good eats....

Thanks! I am going to try and go on Friday, as unfortunately I have other plans for Sat and Sun. I wonder if our favorite Carneceria there will be participating!

Anybody know the cross streets of the Park? I don't recall where it is.

The Festival Latino is this weekend (F - Su) at the White Center Park.  Sure to be some good eats....

Thanks! I am going to try and go on Friday, as unfortunately I have other plans for Sat and Sun. I wonder if our favorite Carneceria there will be participating!

Anybody know the cross streets of the Park? I don't recall where it is.

Behold the power of Google: White Center Park