Hannah Gadsby Body of Work at BAM

Man, that woman can tell a story. Very funny, especially the beginning and the beginning of the end. I was not as deeply affected by it as I was by Nanette, and this was something of a relief to me, because I maybe don't always need or want to Feel! Very! Deeply! while being entertained. This was also my first experience with Yondr, the portable cell phone prison. I liked not having to worry about people texting nearby, which always stresses me out. But I also didn't know what time it was, which apparently also stresses me out.

7 hours ago, small h said:

This was also my first experience with Yondr, the portable cell phone prison. I liked not having to worry about people texting nearby, which always stresses me out. But I also didn't know what time it was, which apparently also stresses me out.

Do they force you, should you have one, to lock up your Apple Watch as well?

28 minutes ago, joethefoodie said:

Do they force you, should you have one, to lock up your Apple Watch as well?

Indeed they do. I had to show my wrists to prove I wasn't wearing one (or any watch).

2 minutes ago, small h said:

Indeed they do. I had to show my wrists to prove I wasn't wearing one (or any watch).

"I'll give you my gun Timex when you pry (or take) it from my cold, dead hands"

It fostered a sense of shared experience, because we were all there and nowhere else.

If people were better, it would not be necessary. But as we all know, people are terrible. I had to re-learn how to just sit there. Waiting for a show to start. Without even a damn program.

At the Silk Sonic show in Las Vegas, Bruno Mars and Anderson .Paak actually sing an R&B kind of song about this. Of course there is no video....

We took your phones away, we took your phones away
What happens in Las Vegas should stay in Las Vegas, that's why, that's why
We took your bitch-ass phones away

3 minutes ago, mitchells said:

We took your phones away, we took your phones away

In my head, this sounds like Ta-ra-ra Boom-de-ay, but it probably did not sound like that in person.