Talk to me about poutine.

Trillin, yes? I don't remember much else about it.

Yes, Trillin. He talked the way he always talks, about where he ate it and with whom, and how he liked it. And he did like it. It was a funny article.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm thinking there's no way poutine can be bad --- french fries, cheddar cheese curds, and thick brown gravy. Sounds like one of my favorite college snacks, in fact.   So where's the best place to

That's the strange thing to be proud about.   What was that Wisconsin-themed bar on Grand Street serving cones of cheese curds? I don't hate them, but the resemblance to polystyrene lowers them in t

The foie gras poutine with foie gras gravy.. From Au Pied De Cochon.. I have made this dish at home.. It was a one time thing a couple of years ago.. I think I might be ready to have it again.

455594248_4baf7b763e.jpg

I can hold back the truth no longer. I like poutine.

There, I've said it.

I would run out and get some for lunch right now... if I hadn't already eaten some veggies and dip. I have never tried any of the chip wagons that are parked near here at lunchtime. A lot of them look like this

833145624_9b068c7cd3.jpg

Here is a roast turkey dinner poutine.

456741892_cfdd1126c6.jpg

I could absolutely eat that! Thanksgiving may never be the same!

I forgot the name of the place but, it's from the 24 hour spot in Montreal. It was really awesome..

I forgot the name of the place but, it's from the 24 hour spot in Montreal. It was really awesome.

Maamm Bolduc maybe?

bolducexterior.jpg

I confess too - all this reading about poutine made me crave my five-yearly dose. I had it today, from the closest chip wagon to the office:

4276418595_3f265c9d0f.jpg

Too much gravy, but I do like that they stop half-way to load up on curds and gravy and then pile on more fries, curds and gravy. The curds were nicely squeaky and the fries were very fresh.

I definitely would not call that poutine. Poutine requires cheese curds, plain and simple. You can certainly call it disco fries if you like!

In Toronto the old Toby's Goodeats burger places used to serve a hot cheese sauce on fries and I used to like that. None of those places are around anymore (some burger places claim the name, but it's not them).