Really Nice!

Farewell & Welcome

The menu does look good, but did Ballard need another Italian restaurant?

Here in Ballard, the Market Street Delicatessen is dead and a sign in the window says something like "coming soon: Zaks, a burger joint"

A little bird told me this morning that a Trader Vics is coming to Bellevue...Right across from Bell Square at Lincoln (Square? Center?)

YEE HA! Funny overpriced Drinks and Tiki Madness Here I come!

Let me know when it opens. I've always wante dto go to a Trader Vic's. The one in Seattle closed before I moved here.

Just read that Kaspar's is closing it's restaurant business to do catering full time as of June 11th

Seattle Times

And Spazzo's in Bellevue is closing; open since 1992 at 10655 N.E. Fourth St., Bellevue. Dang it, I remember so many crappy team meetings there... Rah Rah... let's all be happy... there's nothing wrong with our team... remember there's no I in team... <personally, I like to dream that there's no "you" on my team...>

Sigh...

A little bird told me this morning that a Trader Vics is coming to Bellevue...Right across from Bell Square at Lincoln (Square? Center?)

Omigod, looks like you are right! See second item:

http://www.seattledining.com/news_bytes.htm

I'm excited.

Seattle dining says Whole Foods will be opening up 4 more stores. I knew about the one downtown and the one in Redmond, but Capitol Hill and Interbay are news to me. (We need a market and some restaurants on Stone Way!)

Omigod, looks like you are right! See second item:

http://www.seattledining.com/news_bytes.htm

I'm excited.

BWA HA HA HA!!!!!

:o :o :o

omg, I LOVED the old Trader Vic's. I was so sad when it closed. I can't believe they are coming back!!!

omg, I LOVED the old Trader Vic's. I was so sad when it closed. I can't believe they are coming back!!!

I wonder how many they're opening. The one near me in San Francisco hasn't been open long. It's not the *best* Trader Vic's I've been to, interior-wise (Chicago and Beverly Hills are better), but it's still pretty cool. I've been taking full advantage of it, as much as one can take advantage of Trader Vic's when drinking *virgin* pina coladas. :o

I hope they really deck out the one in Bellevue.

Del Ray bar next to Cascadia. We stopped in last night, very cool some nice cocktails including a coconut lemondrop. Huge windows open to the sound. Busy and loud in the front, quiet and relaxing in the big back room. It's been open since April but I hadn't even noticed it before.

Alas, apparently Sheik's is no more. I'm sad but not terribly surprised. Glad we didn't put off the BBQ fest...

Alas, apparently Sheik's is no more. I'm sad but not terribly surprised. Glad we didn't put off the BBQ fest...

What a pity. I'm glad we got to taste his 'cue at your party before he went out of business.

I wonder if he will try again at another location or hang it up.

Luau is all papered up with a sign on the door saying it had been repossesed by the original owners and, after a quick remodel, would be re-opening soon.