the now closed dominos/paradise pizza in ballard has a sign on the window that says coming soon Vivace Pizzia- I think this is the guy from the farmers market?

It's Veraci and it is the farmer's market people! That is good news--I love their pizza.

thank you, I could not remember the name!!!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to continue the thread... Sorry Tsquare I beat you to it.   The Seattle Gourmet Foods at the market (1530 Pike Place; a few shops up from Frank's Produce) went under this week. This is the p

It looks like another Peet's Coffee is opening. This time on Greenlake next to the Subway. I hear their Sumatra is very good, can't wait to try it.

volterra thread elsewhere   that menu made me swoon...exactly the kind of (italian) food i love.

Pike Street Fish Fry is open. I miss Frites, so it was fun to enjoy crisp fish and fries at this successor. I really loved the fried asparagus, dipped in lemon aioli; hopefully it will still be on the menu (seasonal) on my next visit.

And a new restaurant is in the works for the Coco la ti da/Fork space (which has been sitting there looking sad for a long time): Olive Tree Bistro.

i like the asparagus & the green beans as well! i've eaten 80% of the menu (what can i say, i'm pregnant) and everything has been great. i really love the deep-fried lemon slices that come with the fish. yum. they should be open for lunch soon.

also, i love philippe! from what i've heard, it's not going to be super spendy. a more affordable mediterranean menu. can't wait! he also said the original fork equipment is still there, pacojet and all.

Has anyone here tried Gaudí yet? sounds tasty...

Me and my friend Debbie went to Gaudi last night. Neither one of us had ever been. Man, what a blast from the past walking into the old Salute space. I have memories of eating there that go back, um, 17-18 years ago :ph43r:

I really liked our meal. We did a bunch of tapas and shared an entree. We had some nice spanish wines~ (sorry, didn't write them down!) and I even got a free glass of something else when my first choice was a 'short' pour (and there was no more of that particular wine). The owner (the chef's wife) is super nice and talked at length about the wines and the food with us. The house made chorizo is killer good, we also had cold mussels served on the half shell with a dribble of tequila and a tiny brunoise of marinated garlic and peppers sitting on top. We also had some grilled bread that had been rubbed with tomato and garlic & drizzled with olive oil to sop up the sauces from all the other dishes. We also had some interesting shrimp croquetas that were perfectly fried and oozing melted cheese when cut into, they had what was like a spicy aioli on the side to dip them in. The entree we split was salmon rolled with nori in a romesco sauce that was to die for. This came with some vegetables (prepared in the spanish style, which I'm not sure what that means but they were a great component of this dish) and, another star flavor, a manchego risotto. The flavors in this dish were just lovely, and the combination worked very well.

Of course we had dessert :rolleyes: it was a fig ice cream, with a port glaze. Very interesting flavors, I swear there was a hint of nutmeg or cinnamon in the port glaze. Not overly sweet, and not overly huge which was good because we were stuffed by this point!

Nice place, check it out!

We picked up a couple of pints of ice cream from the newly opened Molly Moon Ice Cream.

It's 8 blocks from our house, which is a good thing because the parking sucks along that strip of 45th. It was packed when we stopped by, and they had only one server so there was quite a wait. It's a bit disconcerting because you can't actually see the ice cream before you order it. I'm totally not used to that. We tried the Thai Iced Tea and the Salted Caramel flavors. The Thai Iced Tea had the right color but very little flavor. Really it tasted like a nice vanilla ice cream. The Salted Caramel was quite good, but not the best I've ever had. I'll go again and try a couple other flavors.

We picked up a couple of pints of ice cream from the newly opened Molly Moon Ice Cream.

It's 8 blocks from our house, which is a good thing because the parking sucks along that strip of 45th. It was packed when we stopped by, and they had only one server so there was quite a wait. It's a bit disconcerting because you can't actually see the ice cream before you order it. I'm totally not used to that. We tried the Thai Iced Tea and the Salted Caramel flavors. The Thai Iced Tea had the right color but very little flavor. Really it tasted like a nice vanilla ice cream. The Salted Caramel was quite good, but not the best I've ever had. I'll go again and try a couple other flavors.

After all the hype about them I was really unimpressed. When I went the Monday after they opened with a friend, we were the only customers in the store and the girl behind the counter basically ignored us while making cones and didn't tell us about any of their toppings or other options when we asked about ordering some ice cream. I tried the scout mint, which was OK but mainly because of the ingredient quality. The cardamom ice cream was terribly boring and needed some other flavor to balance it out.

In the middle of eating our cones and talking, someone came out of the back and started asking us what we thought about the flavors without introducing himself. He seemed really taken aback when I told him I thought the cardamom needed something else and just got up and left.

For that high a price point, I expect better service and really solid flavors. I can make 2 quarts of ice cream at home that's better for the price of two scoops there. Hopefully they'll adjust and start to be more customer friendly as they could be really great if they tried, but I'm just not feeling it right now.

We ate lunch at Monkey Bridge in Ballard today. It is quite pretty inside, good food- it's no Green Leaf but I won't have to go all the way to the ID when I need a quick Vietnamese fix either. Very nice people.

Paul and I had lunch here over the weekend. We shared a salad roll which was good, except for the hair in it :blink:

Paul had the rhubarb beef rice dish. It was really really good. I had the lemongrass pork noodle bowl, also good. Like lmf said, it's no Green Leaf but nice to have closer to home.

Spring Hill just opened last week at the north end of the Junction in West Seattle. Chef is Mark Fuller, formerly chef at Dahlia Lounge. The menu focuses on local shellfish, but also includes Pacific Northwest-raised beef, pork, duck, etc., as well as housemade pasta. The decor is minimalist and makes for a sometimes loud dining experience, but Spring Hill is definitely a welcome addition to the West Seattle dining scene.

Good thing Via Verde appears to be opening in the old Market Street Grill space in Ballard...And advertising wood fired pizzas. I was worried that what Ballard really needed was a 4th place in a three block radius to get those...

So I just read that Lunchbox Laboratory is going to open another location in Greenwood...when and where? I'm pretty excited at the thought of being able to walk to get a Boston Cream Pie milkshake.

And also, a brewpub with Belgian style beers--Naked City Brewing--is opening on Greenwood just north of 85th this summer.