Really Nice!

Farewell & Welcome

Anyone tried Shanik yet? Alex's parents are in town this weekend and I'm torn between trying that and Mamnoon.

I've done take out a couple times for lunch and sit-down once. I think it's very good, but I'm no Indian food afficianado. I've done take-out from Mamnoon once and thought it was outstanding. My tastes run more towards Middle Eastern food though.

• Like 3

I've done both take-out and sit down lunch. It was busy, but not crazy. If you get there before 12:30, it shouldn't be a problem getting a table.

Cal's - SLU is closed after less than a year. Given the number of folks in this neigborhood, and the fact that half the food trucks have recently lost their spots, you've got to be pretty wretched to not be able to make a go of it. I went for happy hour a couple times and it was just sort of meh.

In closing news I care more about, SeaBreeze Farm is closing their restaurant on Vashon. Only got the once, but thought it was fantastic.

I didn't make it to the Cal's in SLU but I thought the one in Kent was horrible. I'm not surprised at all that it closed.

I saw a "coming soon" sign at the old Rub a Dub Dog location at 65th and Latona for The Dish. Same logo as the one in Frelard. That would be great to have within walking distance.

Has any place in Ballard started putting hamburger on pizzas or making hamburgers with pizza type toppings? Could be an unfilled niche....

• Like 1