but starting at 8 PM on a week night??? Eeek. I get up at 5 AM. Maybe I should bring a tent and just camp out in Aurora. :rolleyes:

7.30? i have no idea if there is such a thing as rush hour on the 36 going south, or on th 70 east. my sense of these things is still l.a based.

cheesemonger, if you can get out by 6.45 you should be able to get to yummy yummy by 7.30.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I finally got posting rights and here I am. Thanks for the invite (affoodnut)(can't remember your handle here) I plan on coming, Gwen won't be there, and spice wimp that I am I'll either order alone or if there are some not flamethrowing dishes I'll try those. I'm looking forward to seeing some of you again and meeting any new people that might come. This looks like an interesting site from the lurking I was able to do today and I'm anxious to catch up with what has been happening with people. See you the 22nd.

colestove

cheesemonger, if you can get out by 6.45 you should be able to get to yummy yummy by 7.30.

Excellent point. I'm 95% sure I can make it, and bring Mr.Monger as well, but he'll be sitting with colestove at the kiddie table, as he's still developing the teflon coating on his tongue. I've got him up to Efrain's Chile Verde, so he's making good progress, for a quaker.

Can someone post directions?

From Boulder:

Hwy 36 to 270 (exit left)

270 to I-70 east (make sure windows are rolled up when driving by the oil refinery on 270)

I-70 east to 225 south

225 to Colfax (comes up pretty quick so stay over to the right)

Take Colfax west a little ways and Yummy Yummy will be on the left side of the road next to a scary-looking old motel and across the way from Fitzsimmons.

On restaurant.com they have 25 dollar gift certificate for 10 dollars. I have a 50 percent off coupon code. Conditions on the Yummy Yummy Thai GC would be must be $35 minimum bill and can't be used for lunch or buffet.

I figured it would be best to ask now rather than spring it on the group at the restaurant.

given that we will be doing group family-style ordering i think it might be best to use this some other time. otherwise we will have to do higher mathematics at a time when our senses will have been dulled by good food. just my opinion, however.