• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we went back almost right away (i think cheesemonger saw us hang a hard u right before the freeway) because we'd forgotten the leftovers. when i went back in there was some high-drama happening in the restaurant. some very sketchy looking young man was in there talking to a guy from the kitchen--as far as i could tell from the profanity laden exchange he might just have been carjacked and was looking for money for busfare. i assumed he knew the other dude. no other customers were there but the regular yummy yummy folks were looking quite shell-shocked. i suppose it is possible i walked in in the middle of a hold-up or something.

Whoa! Yes, it was the cheesefamily behind you, I assumed that you were taking another route, this was confirmed when I got the the 270/I25 mess. Sounds weird and scary, but the important question is, did you get the drunken noodles?

Seriously, was everything okay? I certainly hope so, they were nice hosts, it was a great meal, and I almost made the mr. drive down to get lunch today. All Boulder options seemed so... blah.

When are we going again? :lol:

But, that was some mighty fine Thai food. I think the soup and the curry (Panang?) were my favorites.

I find that I prefer Laab that has more of a fresh salady feel to it--gobs of fresh chopped mint, cilantro, scallions, shallots etc. I don't know if that version is more or less authentic, or just a different style.

I like the people at Yummy Yummy etc., and it was nice to meet the new folks at the table, we had a great time.

I had a great time and it was good to see the people I met before and nice to meet new people. I enjoyed the food, ate some different and new things to me. I even thought the spice level could have been a little (not a lot) hotter in some things i.e. medium instead of mild. Norm and Pete enjoyed the food and the people and had a good time as well. As for suggestions for the next gathering I think someplace in the area closer to Boulder and environs would be good. As long as the directions are good. As for food choices, keeping in the not too expensive realm would be great on my retored budget. Italian or Mexican come to mind. Just my $.02.

colestove

I had a great time and it was good to see the people I met before and nice to meet new people. I enjoyed the food, ate some different and new things to me. I even thought the spice level could have been a little (not a lot) hotter in some things i.e. medium instead of mild. Norm and Pete enjoyed the food and the people and had a good time as well. As for suggestions for the next gathering I think someplace in the area closer to Boulder and environs would be good. As long as the directions are good. As for food choices, keeping in the not too expensive realm would be great on my retored budget. Italian or Mexican come to mind. Just my $.02.

colestove

maybe next time we'll promote you to the spicy table.

unfortunately, i don't know when i can do a group thing again. next month is crazy with the end of the semester and we'll be travelling most of the summer: first l.a, then india. but you should all carry on without me--who knows, that way you might even get to order something you want to eat.

I enjoyed meeting the new people, and loved the food. I tried talking the mr. into popping down to bring me lunch on wednesday, but although intrigued, couldn't be convinced. I told him I'd call in the order and everything! *men*.

I would like to second the motion that we convene nearer to the PRB, but without mongo and the charming companion, it's just not a party.

Not to be a twit, but thanks for having us- it was fun. And if you didn't like us, well, it's rlm's fault, and I'm sticking to that. :lol: