Now I have to make Cocktail de Camarones. Which of the two recipes is the best?

You kidding? Mine, of course.

Actually, I don't know. Why don't you try several and let us know. (Then I'll claim whichever is best as mine. ;) )

You're kidding? MINE, of course!

:lol:

unfortunately, the picture of my fish a la cristina has disappeared (for some reason i had it on my old comcast account) and so compelling visual evidence in her favour is no longer available.

• Like 1
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm in.   (admin note: the threads on Project #4 have been merged and since there is not enough room in the title for the full names, here they are):   Pescado a la Veracruzana & Coctel de C

unfortunately, the picture of my fish a la cristina has disappeared (for some reason i had it on my old comcast account) and so compelling visual evidence in her favour is no longer available.

While eating breakfast today with Jaymes at Rio Verde, before going to look at the wedding cakes, I was instructed that this existed. Now I have to make Cocktail de Camarones. Which of the two recipes is the best? Ouch, Jaymes just threw a book at me.

Well hey! You two are finally getting married, huh? Congratulations, both of you!!!!

While eating breakfast today with Jaymes at Rio Verde, before going to look at the wedding cakes, I was instructed that this existed. Now I have to make Cocktail de Camarones. Which of the two recipes is the best? Ouch, Jaymes just threw a book at me.

Well hey! You two are finally getting married, huh? Congratulations, both of you!!!!

You have to ask Jaymes about the wedding cakes. My overall favorites were the first My Fair Lady cake, the Pennys from Heaven cake and the Sunset Boulevard cake. THe Kitchenaid mixer cake was a great idea that needed some refinement. The cakes from the 7 to 12 year old catagory were amazing.

Now I have to make Cocktail de Camarones. Which of the two recipes is the best?

You kidding? Mine, of course.

Actually, I don't know. Why don't you try several and let us know. (Then I'll claim whichever is best as mine. ;) )

You're kidding? MINE, of course!

:lol:

Ah, but now we're talking about shrimp cocktails...an entirely different copa of fish.

You have to ask Jaymes about the wedding cakes. My overall favorites were the first My Fair Lady cake, the Pennys from Heaven cake and the Sunset Boulevard cake. THe Kitchenaid mixer cake was a great idea that needed some refinement. The cakes from the 7 to 12 year old catagory were amazing.

Huh, I thought Jaymes was a little bit older than that. Not much, just a bit... :P

.... My dinner parties are usually very casual affairs. There's always booze. The atmosphere is relaxed. I certainly have no 'staff' to help me by rushing in to clear the table and begin the cleanup. And I'm such a procrastinator that I put it off until the last possible moment. For one thing, I hate to break the mellow mood. So we invariably linger at the table laughing and talking and polishing off the wine or beer or Sangria or whatever we're having. The last of the fish is usually picked off, quite languidly and casually, by the fingers of the people that happen to be sitting in front of the platter.

Rereading this thread, I just picked up on this comment. Defines entertaining for me. Thanks, Jaymes, for reminding us what it's all about. :wub:

.... My dinner parties are usually very casual affairs. There's always booze. The atmosphere is relaxed. I certainly have no 'staff' to help me by rushing in to clear the table and begin the cleanup. And I'm such a procrastinator that I put it off until the last possible moment. For one thing, I hate to break the mellow mood. So we invariably linger at the table laughing and talking and polishing off the wine or beer or Sangria or whatever we're having. The last of the fish is usually picked off, quite languidly and casually, by the fingers of the people that happen to be sitting in front of the platter.

Rereading this thread, I just picked up on this comment. Defines entertaining for me. Thanks, Jaymes, for reminding us what it's all about. :wub:

:blush: Thanks.