Burger Of The Month Club

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beatcha, Anita!   Let'd Do This!   Jason

Apparently on the other board, this topic has "run its course..."   Uh, yeah....

Gotta agree with Cam...It WAS expensive. Anita got the Stadium burger. Yup. 'twas big.   Yup. Did the Wagyu upgrade.   Yup. Was about as expensive as the Burger at the Palace Kitchen .   Yee

Ok, I made a reservation for 12 people, on Feb 23rd at 7:00 at 5 Corner Market Bar and Kitchen. Info and Directions

They were very nice and thorough and checked with the chef to be sure they could handle this big a group for burgers. They will be putting us in a small, upstairs dining room since that's the only place they can accommodate a group of this size. I told him I'd update him if anyone cancelled or added, so they can make adjustments accordingly, so let me know if there are any changes.

Here's who I have on the list:

Lauren and Paul

da goose and Brett

Sally Simpleton + 1

Eden and Bill

Allyson + 1

SeaGal and Gary

Ok, I made a reservation for 12 people, on Feb 23rd at 7:00 at 5 Corner Market Bar and Kitchen. Info and Directions

They were very nice and thorough and checked with the chef to be sure they could handle this big a group for burgers. They will be putting us in a small, upstairs dining room since that's the only place they can accommodate a group of this size. I told him I'd update him if anyone cancelled or added, so they can make adjustments accordingly, so let me know if there are any changes.

Here's who I have on the list:

Lauren and Paul

da goose and Brett

Sally Simpleton + 1

Eden and Bill

Allyson + 1

SeaGal and Gary

Thanks for coordinating - we're looking forward to seeing everyone

This reminds me -- we should add Uneeda Burger in Fremont to the list of possible burger places to investigate.

per this review in The Stranger it's worth checking out.

We went by the new lunchbox Lab space last weekend. They're still shaking out some things, but I think it will end up being an improvement over all (assuming they bring back my key lime milk shake!)

I happened into Uneeda last Wednesday - and read the review while I was there. It was fine, not too expensive, but confirmed for me that I just don't like burgers. I'd much rather eat pizza, pastry, dumplings, or even a cheese sandwich.

Thanks for coordinating - we're looking forward to seeing everyone

Bumping this back up. Gary can't make it so we're at 11 now. Is everyone else still in and are there any more interested?

Lauren and Paul

da goose and Brett

Sally Simpleton + 1

Eden and Bill

Allyson + 1

SeaGal

Ruth is going to take Gary's spot.

Perfect, she can be my date! :P

Lauren and Paul

da goose and Brett

Sally Simpleton + 1

Eden and Bill

Allyson + 1

SeaGal

Ruth

Bumping this back up. Gary can't make it so we're at 11 now. Is everyone else still in and are there any more interested?

Lauren and Paul

da goose and Brett

Sally Simpleton + 1

Eden and Bill

Allyson + 1

SeaGal

We're still in & looking forward to it!

Still in! See you guys Weds.

Lauren and Paul

da goose and Brett

Sally Simpleton + 1

Eden and Bill

Allyson + 1

SeaGal

We're still in & looking forward to it!

exceptionally good burger last night at 5 Corners: Half a pound of meaty goodness actually cooked as ordered on a lovely brioche bun that held up to the end! loved the frieds cooked in beef fat!

Almost all the other dishes I tried were quite good as well. The sweetbreads needed a little more salt but were cooked beautifully, the foie & waffles was fun & tasty, and the chips/crisps were dangerously good.

Not so keen on my (not quite a) Manhattan cocktail, but Bill's Old Fashioned was very well made, so I'd give them another shot in that department too.

Thanks for organizing SeaGal!

I really liked this burger as well. We were a large group (13!) and all along the table, the burgers were cooked as ordered. A rarity (pun intended!) for sure. I might have been the loan dissenter but I didn't like the fries. They were very sweet, almost like sweet potato fries. On the other hand, the chips were fantastic. And I know a lot of people were turned off by the PBJ foie gras, but I loved that too.

My friend tried the braised short ribs in truffle sauce, served with pappardelle. This was like the best beef stroganoff you've ever had.

The service was great and the space upstairs was fun. It was nice to watch the snow flurries out of the 2nd story windows.

Not much to add except hearty agreement with what Lauren and Eden said. I thought the fries were good, except they were a little too crisp for my taste, but I loved the beef fat-fried chips with aerated onion dip. My burger was also cooked perfectly and I can't wait to go back and have another!