Burger Of The Month Club

I can do the 17th and the 29th for sure. I might be able to do the 22nd. I'm not available the 23rd.

We could do the 17th or 29th, but are booked the 22nd (prefer the 29th if its a toss-up...)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beatcha, Anita!   Let'd Do This!   Jason

Apparently on the other board, this topic has "run its course..."   Uh, yeah....

Gotta agree with Cam...It WAS expensive. Anita got the Stadium burger. Yup. 'twas big.   Yup. Did the Wagyu upgrade.   Yup. Was about as expensive as the Burger at the Palace Kitchen .   Yee

I can do the 17th and the 29th for sure. I might be able to do the 22nd. I'm not available the 23rd.

We could do the 17th or 29th, but are booked the 22nd (prefer the 29th if its a toss-up...)

If we go the 29th, it's my last night in town and I'd love company for drinks afterward if everyone would be up for it.

If we go the 29th, it's my last night in town and I'd love company for drinks afterward if everyone would be up for it.

If we go early enough - I'm up for drinks after! Are you sure you want to spend your last night in town at BoM?!

If we go early enough - I'm up for drinks after! Are you sure you want to spend your last night in town at BoM?!

The 29th works for me and would definitely love to give you a bon voyage afterward if that works for you!

We'll be at Uneeda on the 29th! And of course, afterward for Allyson's sendoff.

Looking forward to it!

Do they take reservations or are we taking our chances?

We'll be at Uneeda on the 29th! And of course, afterward for Allyson's sendoff.

Looking forward to it!

Do they take reservations or are we taking our chances?

They don't take reservations, but I've been there before on a weeknight and it wasn't busy. They're an order at the counter sort of place with a ton of seating, so I don't think it will be a problem. See you all at 7:00 PM on the 29th!

• 2 weeks later...

Uneeda burger ranks firmly in the OK but not wow category for me. I had the classic with bacon & cheese (but upgraded to a 1/3 lb patty) and it was fine, but not particularly beefy. I gather the folks who got interesting toppings had a much happier experience.

Similarly the fries were well cooked but not potatoey enough. And the poutine was lackluster.

That said, their salted caramel milk shake is THE BOMB! I would totally grab one of these to go & enjoy it while waiting in line for a much better meal at nearby Paseo.

As I mentioned up thread, I'd been there a few times before and haven't been impressed. My burger last night was, by far, better than the ones I had in the past. I ordered the Sonoran, which came with roasted chiles, grated radish, cilantro and pepperjack cheese. I added bacon. I thought the burger was really, really good. Better than the roasted chile burger at Red Mill. My fries were good but Paul's onion rings were fantastic. Perfectly cooked.

As I mentioned up thread, I'd been there a few times before and haven't been impressed. My burger last night was, by far, better than the ones I had in the past. I ordered the Sonoran, which came with roasted chiles, grated radish, cilantro and pepperjack cheese. I added bacon. I thought the burger was really, really good. Better than the roasted chile burger at Red Mill. My fries were good but Paul's onion rings were fantastic. Perfectly cooked.

I had the lamb burger and felt it was neither lamb-y nor burger-y enough. I thought the toppings would add a little interesting flavor, but instead I felt like the whole thing was all about the toppings. I regret not choosing the traditional burger, though it sounds like Eden's experience wasn't that good either. I thought Lauren's burger at least tasted great, even if it still lacked burger-iness. Allyson's burger, though I thought was the best. The mushrooms added meatiness that was much needed, though the truffle salt was probably unnecessary.

I was pretty disappointed in the fries, poutine and onion rings. Yes the rings were perfectly cooked, but I think I just want more out of an onion ring than that. More...onion-y flavor? And the poutine was not poutine.

Which brings me to my conclusion: they are trying to really make everyone happy here, and in doing so have dumbed down a lot of the flavors...with the exception of the night's one winner: the salted caramel shake. That, I would want again. But I can't say I can see going back. I eat burgers rarely enough that it needs to be really good for me to be back.

Interesting...looks like I'm the lone man out. I loved my Classic burger with the upgraded 1/3 lb patty with bacon and cheese. I thought it had good burger flavor and it was cooked perfectly. I also really liked the fries, but agree the poutine was lackluster. I also thought Lauren's burger was delicious and I don't usually like chiles and such on my burger. And that salt caramel shake rocked! I'll go back for that shake and either the Classic or the Sonoran burger!

Did Allyson tag anyone before she moved?

Nope, but since you asked can I tag you?

Sure!

Palace Kitchen- Anita

The Maple Leaf Grill- Jan

Jaks- Rocky

Bad Alberts- Reese

Sterling Café- Reese

Collins Pub- Tighe

Hi Life- FaiJai

Sport- Wendy

35th Street Bistro – Eden

Blue Moon - Margaret

Market Street Grill in Ballard- Lauren

Ruth's Chris Steakhouse downtown- Leslie

Fred's Riverton Alehouse in Snohomish- Fred & Ed

Earth & Ocean - Little Ms Foodie

Palace Kitchen, round 2 - Fai Jay

Asada - White Lotus

Cascadia - hhlodesign

Feenie's - Ling

Moxie - Gourmetlight$

Two Bells - Barry

Deluxe - Allyson

Brasa - Sparrowsfall

22 Doors - Allyson

Elliott Bay Brewing - Tighe

Farestart - Dandelion

Stell's - Eden

Leny's - rockdoggydog

Home Cooked - Lauren

King's Hardware - SeaGal

Zayda Buddy's - Malarkey

Jolly Roger - Little Ms Foodie

Buckley's on Queen Ann - Leslie

Lunchbox Labratory - GourmetLight$

Metropolitan Grill - FayJai

Quinn's - Lauren

BOKA - heyjude

Skillet - croseattle

10 Mercer – Eden

Pig N Whistle – Rocky

Latona Pub - Sally Simpleton

Whalemaker Bar at Ivar’s – Sparrowsfall

Spur - Allyson

Zippy's - Tighe

Springhill - da Goose

Shadowland - Rocky

Frank's Oyster House and Champagne Parlor - Jan (SeaGal)

Smith - Croseattle

Table 219 - da goose

June - Sally Simpleton

Maggie Bluffs - Leslie

Luc - Eden

Wedgwood Broiler - Lauren

5 Corner Market - Jan

Toulouse Petit - Allyson

Local 360 – Naomi

Tavern Law – Steve

Uneeda Burger - Allyson

I feel like we've already done it but I don't see it on the list so I'm going to go with Mulleady's.

Here's a list of the dates in September that I have available:

12, 13, 20, 21, 22, 25, 26, 27, 28 or 29. What's everyone elses availability?