Burger Of The Month Club

Lil Woody's was not one of my favorite burgers I'm sorry to say. The 1/4 pound patty was so thin, it had no chance of retaining any pink. And there was so much ketchup that's all I really tasted. The bun had a good brioche-like flavor but mine was quite hard. The onion rings were greasy. I liked the fries but what I *really* liked was the cheese sauce they make for the cheese fries. So it wouldn't get the fries all soggy, I ordered it on the side and dipped my fries into it. It was cheesy and creamy with a hit of heat to it. Unfortunately the cheese sauce isn't enough to make me go back.

On the other side of things...I really enjoyed it. lauren's burger seemed to have more issues than the rest. Mine was the li'l woody, and so I likened it to a dicks burger (admittedly at twice the price) but better--just a good little burger and bun. I really like Brett's New Mexican--which had the cheese sauce lauren described, as well as chiles. My bun wasn't hard nor did it have too much ketchup. That said, I think the only time I could imagine being back, would be if (like dick's) I was wandering hungry late at night, I think I'd come by for another li'l woody.

In other news, who wants March? Cro? you up for it?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beatcha, Anita!   Let'd Do This!   Jason

Apparently on the other board, this topic has "run its course..."   Uh, yeah....

Gotta agree with Cam...It WAS expensive. Anita got the Stadium burger. Yup. 'twas big.   Yup. Did the Wagyu upgrade.   Yup. Was about as expensive as the Burger at the Palace Kitchen .   Yee

In other news, who wants March? Cro? you up for it?

Yep! I think I can manage that. Lauren, are you up for the recap list of places we've gone that you mentioned last night?

Lil Woody's:

I had the Smoked Out, which was smoked cheddar, tomato, lettuce and their chipotle sauce, onion rings, and a beer.

I wanted to try a milkshake - they looked good, but I couldn't fit it in. Also, they had malts, if you're interested in those.

Pros:

1. The basket of onion rings was quite large

2. Beer and wine available

3. Nice selection of interesting sodas

4. Bun held up nicely

5. The people were friendly

6. Open til 3 a.m.

7. Walking distance from my house

Cons:

1. The onion rings got soggy quickly.

2. I thought I was attempting a simpler option, but the toppings still easily over-powered the meat.

Overall, I thought it was good - not great. I can also walk to Quinns or Tavern Law, so if I want a burger, I'd probably go to one of those places instead. However, that being said, I can see myself going after hours for a TUD and a burger.

Here's the updated list of all the places we've been - there's 62 of them!

Palace Kitchen- Anita

The Maple Leaf Grill- Jan

Jaks- Rocky

Bad Alberts- Reese

Sterling Café- Reese

Collins Pub- Tighe

Hi Life- FaiJai

Sport- Wendy

35th Street Bistro – Eden

Blue Moon - Margaret

Market Street Grill in Ballard- Lauren

Ruth's Chris Steakhouse downtown- Leslie

Fred's Riverton Alehouse in Snohomish- Fred & Ed

Earth & Ocean - Little Ms Foodie

Palace Kitchen, round 2 - Fai Jay

Asada - White Lotus

Cascadia - hhlodesign

Feenie's - Ling

Moxie - Gourmetlight$

Two Bells - Barry

Deluxe - Allyson

Brasa - Sparrowsfall

22 Doors - Allyson

Elliott Bay Brewing - Tighe

Farestart - Dandelion

Stell's - Eden

Leny's - rockdoggydog

Home Cooked - Lauren

King's Hardware - SeaGal

Zayda Buddy's - Malarkey

Jolly Roger - Little Ms Foodie

Buckley's on Queen Ann - Leslie

Lunchbox Labratory - GourmetLight$

Metropolitan Grill - FayJai

Quinn's - Lauren

BOKA - heyjude

Skillet - croseattle

10 Mercer – Eden

Pig N Whistle – Rocky

Latona Pub - Sally Simpleton

Whalemaker Bar at Ivar’s – Sparrowsfall

Spur - Allyson

Zippy's - Tighe

Springhill - da Goose

Shadowland - Rocky

Frank's Oyster House and Champagne Parlor - Jan (SeaGal)

Smith - Croseattle

Table 219 - da goose

June - Sally Simpleton

Maggie Bluffs - Leslie

Luc - Eden

Wedgwood Broiler - Lauren

5 Corner Market - Jan

Toulouse Petit - Allyson

Local 360 – Naomi

Tavern Law – sparrowsfall

Uneeda – Allyson

Mulleady’s – Lauren

Roosevelt Ale House – SeaGal

Bastille – SeaGal

Marjorie – Allyson

Lil’ Woody’s – da goose

• 2 weeks later...

Holy Cow, Batman, that's a lot of burger places!

I toyed with the idea of revisiting Palace, or forcing people to go to The Redwood near my house, however, Katsu Burger trumped all thoughts. It's a little out of the way in Georgetown, but I think doable. Who's in?

From their FB page (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Katsu-Burger/254367717920199):

• Our burgers are prepared katsu style: dipped in tempura batter, coated in panko bread crumbs, then deep fried to juicy perfection!
  • We are proud to serve only meats that are free from growth hormones and antibiotics.
  • Choose from ground beef, chicken breast, or pork loin.
  • Our organic tofu burgers are pretty awesome, too.

Address 6538 4th Ave. S., Seattle, WA 98108

Phone 1 206.762.0752

Website http://katsuburger.com

Hours Mon - Sat: 10:30 am - 7:30 pm

-CRoSeattle

I'm out of town until the 16th but, if we go after then, I'm in! Maybe we can grab a drink before at 9 LB Hammer or Hudson?

All righty then. Let's all of us look at our calendars the week of the 19th and 26th. I propose (randomly, so this can change) the 22nd.

As we can see above, the place is only open until 7:30 so let's plan 6ish?

Cheers,

CRoSeattle

I'm out of town until the 16th but, if we go after then, I'm in! Maybe we can grab a drink before at 9 LB Hammer or Hudson?

All righty then. Let's all of us look at our calendars the week of the 19th and 26th. I propose (randomly, so this can change) the 22nd.

Cheers,

CRoSeattle

sounds fun.

The week of the 19th I could only do Monday or Tuesday (Bill can't make it that week at all)

The week of the 26th we're both free Monday to Wednesday and I'm available Thursday or Friday

Perhaps given the early closing time we should grab drinks after?

Cheers,

CRoSeattle

sounds fun.

The week of the 19th I could only do Monday or Tuesday (Bill can't make it that week at all)

The week of the 26th we're both free Monday to Wednesday and I'm available Thursday or Friday

Perhaps given the early closing time we should grab drinks after?

The week of the 19th I can do weds (21), or thurs (22), the weekend of the 26th I can do only Tues (the 27th)

Edited to add: If I'm the odd one out on a day, I work about 5 min away and will catch up on my burger duty on lunch hour, if need be, since I know I'm not offering a ton of days.

The week of the 19th I can do weds (21), or thurs (22), the weekend of the 26th I can do only Tues (the 27th)

Edited to add: If I'm the odd one out on a day, I work about 5 min away and will catch up on my burger duty on lunch hour, if need be, since I know I'm not offering a ton of days.

looks like we have the 27th in common - does that work for everyone else?

Okay! Tuesday, March 27 at 6 p.m. Optional (ha) drinks afterwards.

Eden & Bill

dagoose

me

Who else is in?

I'm in! I'll check with Paul to see if he wants to come.

I'm in!

Just taking another recount for tomorrow (Tuesday, March 27) at 6 p.m.

We have 8 so far:

Eden & Bill

Dagoose

me & Alex

Lauren & Paul (maybe)

Seagal

Anyone else?

Paul has a dentist appointment and won't be able to make it. See you all tonight!

Just taking another recount for tomorrow (Tuesday, March 27) at 6 p.m.

We have 8 so far:

Eden & Bill

Dagoose

me & Alex

Lauren & Paul (maybe)

Seagal

Anyone else?

So I pretty much loved this place.

I loved how juicy the burger stayed, that it wasn't overly greasy despite being deep fried, and that it pretty much held true to a classic burger, but with twice the awesome. And size. Even with the extra breading I thought it ended up with a good meat/bun ratio, which is impressive.

I also thought the fries (especially the nori ones) were to a fairly high standard--not up there with the best in town, but as good as can be expected of a place where burgers are the focus, rather than fine food.

The kintako cup milkshake was also ridiculously good.

I have photos, which I will upload....eventually....