Burger Of The Month Club

I agree with everything da goose said. That burger was fantastic! I had the Ninja Deluxe: pork cutlet, cheese, bacon, shredded cabbage, tomato, Japanese mayo and tonkatsu sauce. I worried because the bun seemed hard at first but it needed to be to hold in all that goodness! At least the bun tasted good and it totally softened up by the end.

According to Jay Friedman, the pork is brined (which I suspected) and there are rumors of another location in possibly South Lake Union

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beatcha, Anita!   Let'd Do This!   Jason

Apparently on the other board, this topic has "run its course..."   Uh, yeah....

Gotta agree with Cam...It WAS expensive. Anita got the Stadium burger. Yup. 'twas big.   Yup. Did the Wagyu upgrade.   Yup. Was about as expensive as the Burger at the Palace Kitchen .   Yee

I also agree, I loved this place! I had the Ninja Deluxe (which Lauren described above) but with the beef patty rather than the pork cutlet. They were gracious about subbing and offered to make up a combo if I wanted to piece my own together. The bacon they use is delicious, the toppings were fresh and tasty and, in particular, I loved the extremely thinly sliced onions. I also enjoyed the sauces we tasted, especially the Sriracha mayo that Lauren had with her nori fries. The only problem with this place is the location...too far from my house!

personally I think some distance between me & Katsu Burger is a good thing - otherwise I'd be eating there WAY too often :rolleyes:

I ordered the curry katsu burger and found the curry level just right - I could still taste all the other components of the burger, but I had a nice curry flavor. The curry fries were good, but did have a little too much grit from the spices. The green Tea milkshake was fabulous in a "feed your inner 6 year old" way - perhaps too sweet for someone in the mood for a more grown-up dessert.

We're totally going back!

To echo the praise from above, I really liked Katsu Burger, even though I cheated and had a pork cutlet. I am already planning my next trip there and will probably have to fast for a week afterwards.

Pros:

1. Awesome service, people were really nice

2. Delicious fries (oh the nori fries)

3. You are going to think the bun is way too big when you first get a gander at it, but as we discussed, it was necessary due to the largess of the burger/pork/whatever you chose to be your meat.

4. Just overall yum.

Cons:

1. Georgetown? Ugh.

2. Closes at 7:30, which combined with #1 above, double ugh.

Sooo, April...looking at the list, looks like Eden hasn't picked for a while. You up for following in Katsu's amazing footsteps?

Ahhhhh: View the amazingness

Sooo, April...looking at the list, looks like Eden hasn't picked for a while. You up for following in Katsu's amazing footsteps?

Sure, and to go in a totally different direction I'm going to pick the Golden Beetle as I've been meaning to get in there for ages & this is a fun excuse.

My mom is coming into town and Bill has a work thing, so we don't have much free till the week of the 16th, but then things are pretty clear. we could do the 16th, 17th or 18th. ditto the following week, the 23rd, 24th or 25th. What about the rest of y'all?

Sure, and to go in a totally different direction I'm going to pick the Golden Beetle as I've been meaning to get in there for ages & this is a fun excuse.

My mom is coming into town and Bill has a work thing, so we don't have much free till the week of the 16th, but then things are pretty clear. we could do the 16th, 17th or 18th. ditto the following week, the 23rd, 24th or 25th. What about the rest of y'all?

Any of those work for me!

Me as well.

Me as well.

Of those dates, I'm available only the 16th and 17th.

Let's go with the 17th then.

So we have DaGoose, Lauren, croseattle and myself (each with plus 1?) anyone else before I call for reservations?

So we have DaGoose, Lauren, croseattle and myself (each with plus 1?) anyone else before I call for reservations?

Paul's out of town that week so it'll be just me.

I'll have to bow out this time...I've got chorus practice starting up on Tuesdays again. Catch ya next time!

Just me! It's ladies night, I guess?