Burger Of The Month Club

Tighe's post about the burger place opening in the Westin reminded me that we haven't picked our next spot yet. How about giving the burger at Sam's Tavern a try? It's the place opened by the guy who started Red Robin. You never know, it could be good! http://samstavernseattle.com/menus/food-menu/

I'll throw out a few dates and see if we can get consensus:

Tuesday the 19th

Wednesday the 20th

Tuesday the 26th

Wednesday the 27th

Thursday the 28th

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beatcha, Anita!   Let'd Do This!   Jason

Apparently on the other board, this topic has "run its course..."   Uh, yeah....

Gotta agree with Cam...It WAS expensive. Anita got the Stadium burger. Yup. 'twas big.   Yup. Did the Wagyu upgrade.   Yup. Was about as expensive as the Burger at the Palace Kitchen .   Yee

Tighe's post about the burger place opening in the Westin reminded me that we haven't picked our next spot yet. How about giving the burger at Sam's Tavern a try? It's the place opened by the guy who started Red Robin. You never know, it could be good! http://samstavernseattle.com/menus/food-menu/

Tuesday the 19th

Wednesday the 20th

Tuesday the 26th

Wednesday the 27th

Thursday the 28th

You never know if you don't try :)

we could do the 19th, 26th, or 27th

Voracious' "burger battle" first up 8oz Burger Bar vs. Dicks. Could you get two more different burgers? Dicks will win of course because it's nostalgia food for so many people,,,

The restaurants they chose are great but the brackets are crazy. I wish they put all the smash patty places in one bracket. There's really no way to compare the two.

• Like 1

Tuesday the 19th

Wednesday the 20th

Tuesday the 26th

Wednesday the 27th

Thursday the 28th

You never know if you don't try :)

we could do the 19th, 26th, or 27th

at this point I'm assuming the 19th is off the table. Are we going for next week or lookng out to March?

Survey says: really mediocre burger, decent fries. The fries were classic Red Robin style steak fries, and were quite nice with the chipotle aioli. I had the 50/50 burgur, which is half wagyu, half bacon. there was no beef flavor at all, the texture wasn't good and it was horribly overcooked (I ordered rare, it came medium). Bill had the jalapeno burger which was all beef, but still no beef flavor and really only edible because of the condiments.

At least the company was good!

Eden, I think you're being generous in your statement. The fries were okay (when we finally got them) and there were about 8 sauces that we tried, only the one of which was edible. I had the Sam's single--a very basic burger--but the patty was too dense and overcooked, the bun was completely dry, and the sauce was completely flavorless. I think the Sysco-esque pickle was the highlight. Seriously, I always finish everything on my plate, but there was no way I was going to keep eating that burger.

Lesson learned!

I had the 50/50 burger also. Mine had a strange wet dog taste that I finally pinpointed to the very limp piece of bacon on the top of the burger. My burger wasn't dense but it had no beefy flavor and no char.

The fries were only good from a nostagia point of view. They were the Red Robin bottomless fries that we grew up with.

And the way the kitchen sent things out was odd. There were four of us. They brought out 3 burgers and some extra fries. But none of the dipping sauces we asked for. The fourth burger came out a bit later and we asked for the dipping sauces, which they had obviously forgotten. The sauces finally came minus the chipotle aioli which she was going to bring as soon as it was done being made. We finished our burgers (or what we ate of them) and asked for more fries and the chipotle, which she had clearly forgotten again! It took a good 15 minutes or so to get the fries.