Burger Of The Month Club

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beatcha, Anita!   Let'd Do This!   Jason

Apparently on the other board, this topic has "run its course..."   Uh, yeah....

Gotta agree with Cam...It WAS expensive. Anita got the Stadium burger. Yup. 'twas big.   Yup. Did the Wagyu upgrade.   Yup. Was about as expensive as the Burger at the Palace Kitchen .   Yee

:D Oops, even though I said we were going, I never added our names to the cut/paste!

Lorna

Henry

Paul

Lauren

Rocky

Jan

Gary

Dance

White Lotus

Scarlett

Joie

Ian

Carolyn

Bob

So Lorna, it now looks like we're 14. Can you please change the ressy? And has anyone else decided to jump on the bandwagon? We're driving up Friday afternoon and leaving Sunday morning. See you all Saturday night! :D

Cheers,

I have posted requests here and here asking for lunch and dim sum recommendations.

We'll be getting in to town around noon on Saturday. Anyone want to join us for lunch? And there has been much talk about dim sum before everyone leaves town on Sunday. With a group our size (and the fact that it's a holiday weekend) I'm thinking we'll need reservations. I'd be happy to do that once we get the details set.

It's supposed to be sunny in Vancouver this weekend! Yay for us!

I've been AWOL for the past few days with my five-year-old son home sick from school.

Looks as if either both Ian and I or just one of us will have to bow out on Saturday night: no babysitter. Lorna, if two less people makes it easier for you to get an earlier reso, then we'll both sit this one out.

Dim sum recommendations: Kirin Cambie (Vancouver) or Shanghai River (Richmond) for menu service. Both superior, IMHO, to Sun Sui Wah on Main Street in Vancouver which I figure offers the best cart service. Lauren, if it's easier, I can take care of dim sum reservations once a consensus is reached.

Saturday lunch recommendations:

• Salt in Gastown
  • Mistral on West Broadway, a few storefronts west of Feenie's. Their lunch prix-fixe menu is an absolute steal.
  • Ocean 6 Seventeen on the waterfront if the weather is good.

Hope that gives you some food for thought.

Edited to give you one more Saturday lunch option: Phnom Penh in Chinatown.

Thanks for the recommendations Mooshmouse!

I think getting reservations for dim sum on Sunday is probably our top priority. Can we get a list going for who would like to join us?

I know there's been some discussion (debate?) between menu and cart service. Maybe when you reply you can say whether you would prefer Sun Sui Wah (cart) or Kirin Cambie (menu).

Salt doesn't open until 4:30 PM so that's out of the running for lunch. Mistral, Ocean 6 Seventeen and Phnom Penh all sound good to me. How about the rest of you?

Thanks for the recommendations Mooshmouse!

I think getting reservations for dim sum on Sunday is probably our top priority. Can we get a list going for who would like to join us?

I know there's been some discussion (debate?) between menu and cart service. Maybe when you reply you can say whether you would prefer Sun Sui Wah (cart) or Kirin Cambie (menu).

Salt doesn't open until 4:30 PM so that's out of the running for lunch. Mistral, Ocean 6 Seventeen and Phnom Penh all sound good to me. How about the rest of you?

We are definately in for dim sum- no preference to us on cart vs menu!

All the lunch recs look good but I will vote for Mistral (but will be happy with any of them)