[TX] Austin Whole Foods as Disney World?

Anybody see Letterman tonight?

So Sandra Bullock is on and she's talking about that house in Austin that the contractor never completed properly and the lawsuit and all and at the end of the interview, Dave says, "Are you going back to Texas? How is Austin."

And waving her arms excitedly she says, "Of course I'm going back. Austin is great... fabulous! And we've just opened up this whole brand new Whole Foods there!"

Great publicity, eh?

I just consider myself lucky to live in Austin with TWO Central Markets and TWO Whole Foods! We sell a lot of beer at all of them, so I can't complain. I am, though, loyal to Central Market South & HEB Brodie (where, much like any Platinum HEB's, you can quality meat & seafood-$4.99 for frozen Dungeness Crabs last weekend!!! btw, I have compared the frozen to WF live, and the frozen ones are fuller, and taste the same)

I also noticed that while WF has not restocked their live Alaskan King Crab tank since the opening, CMkt S. has added them. (I swear-I am going to get a few friends together and pop for one of those soon!)

One of my favorite made-in-store WF items at the new store is the Cilantro Chutney-it's way too thin for a chutney, but possible the best marinade known to mankind!!

Frank

I just consider myself lucky to live in Austin with TWO Central Markets and TWO Whole Foods!

Yes, I felt extremely pampered when I lived in Austin as well. I have subsequently met others who moved away from there who desperately miss CM. We have smaller gourmet markets in Colorado and smaller WF's, but nothing quite like CM. I would love it if they would expand their concept to other states just like Whole Foods is doing.

And speaking of Sandra Bullock raving about Austin, she was also on the Daily Show with Jon Stewart this week talking about the Salt Lick.

BTW, I almost forgot how damn gorgeous the west part of Austin is around Capital of TX Hwy until driving around there last week.