• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bought a few shad roe at Giuffre's Seafood on Salem St in the North End..sauteed in a little butter...fabulous. Also beautiful swordfish steak, cut to order from a mid size fish.

Citarella has had the shad fillets and the roe for about a month now. The last time I was there, earlier this week, the roe sacs still seemed a little on the small side. Have yet to try any this seas

Two questions. What if I only have ugly shallots and will it work with an above average oven?

A recipe from a French fishmonger's wife has a certain eneffible charm, which I was trying to reproduce.

Anyway, I called her to ask, and she said, "Pustule! Putain! Putois! . . ." There were other words beginning with "P," but she was hanging up at the time, and I didn't write them down.

Anyhow, thank's for your interest.

I only hear Cole Porter when I read the thread title:

Electric eels I might add do it

Though it shocks em I know

Why ask if shad do it - Waiter bring me "shad roe"

In shallow shoals English soles do it

Goldfish in the privacy of bowls do it

Let's do it, let's fall in love

Also, that song always irks me just a little (even though I love it) because everything described as "do-ing it" refers to fornicating and not falling in love. He should at least have written, "Let's do it, lets go to town" :P

Also, that song always irks me just a little (even though I love it) because everything described as "do-ing it" refers to fornicating and not falling in love. He should at least have written, "Let's do it, lets go to town" :P

They're different? Now you tell me!

They're different? Now you tell me!

Didn't your mother learn you anything? :D

• 3 weeks later...

Wild Edibles, quite small sacs of roe at $19.99 a pair. Is my memory deceptive, or is that expensive? One pair is just enough per person, so dinner for four starts to get a bit pricey.

In previous seasons, I have bought extra and frozen them for future use. I don't really want a dozen at that price though.

Seems rather steep. I can get a pair of mid-sized sacs (a pair easily enough per person) at the best quality fish-monger in the area for $10.

I know you won't be running back to the Twin Cities anytime soon but I thought I'd throw that in for comparison.