OK, folks, just talked with whoever was manning the phone at Bottleworks, and they said Tuesday, the 22nd, Brouwer's will be opening FOR SURE! Only 5 months late, the awaited opening is finally upon us.

I'm going. Who wants to meet me there? Frites and Belgian Beer. Now I'll be able to die happy.

OK, folks, I was worried so I called. They aren't opening till TOMORROW.

don't they realize that people are WAITING?!? :lol:

So, if you are still game for dinner in Fremont or Ballard somewhere, let me know, otherwise we'll reschedule this little adventure.

My time is filled up from now till next week, so I'm going to go next week sometime- probably tuesday or thursday. I'll post when I pick a day :lol:

Turns out they were having a party for brewers and pub owners last night. And they are open for real today, so anybody who works in Fremont can check it out for lunch!

• 1 year later...

*** from the Times today!?! Has the food really improved that much or Providence hitting the crack pipe? He is particularly laudatory of the fries, which have been regularly trashed everywhere else.