The Tin Building, By George (Jean-Georges, That Is)

I think Pete hits it spot on today.

Usable, no need to rush there, no need to make a special trip to eat in a restaurant there (might you even be better off at the Fulton?) though you can have some good food.

And it doesn't smell.

As if that's a bad thing.

You ever been near the Fulton fish market in its heyday? It fucking stunk,.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hope they pay you when they make A Total Shitshow Of Savings their new slogan.

I paid my first visit to The Tin Building yesterday, about a 2.5 mile round-trip, so a good exercise walk - though I sure wish our lower east side waterfront wasn't so fucking horrendous. I didn'

20 years ago I would walk from 6th Street down to the streets between Houston and Delancey for a really quiet night out. Nobody around. A few peaceful bars open.

Posted Images

He makes it sound like you can DEFINITELY do better at The Fulton.

I haven't been in a long time (and we all know what happens to JGV restaurants over time).  But I used to think it was one of the most underappreciated restaurants in New York.

On 11/23/2022 at 9:51 PM, Orik said:

It read as if JGV inc. spent so much in advertising that the editor made Pete sleep in the tin building until he finds something nice to say. 

Fair but I somehow still like the Tin Building’s manufactured “charm.” I had a very nice meal at the shellfish thing although expensive. The rotisserie chicken is closer to French standards than most spots in NYC. I can buy bordier butter easily and some of the La Boite and confitures that I like.  There are a few nice Asian ingredients that are convenient to get there as well. I guess I don’t think of the restaurants as the draw any more than I do for Eataly. They’re serviceable if you’re hungry while shopping.  Butcher seems solid so far.