I see we skipped Boston 2020 and 2021. Any thoughts on a good dinner place within walking distance of the Common? I guess I mean places that opened or refreshed themselves in the past couple years; I know older places, or I should.

Lucky shot in the dark. Coquette, a large dining room and bar in the Seaport Omni across the street from the BCEC.

Two small plates. Duck chichons on croutons with pepper jelly and some kind of chopped nuts. Then outstanding beef cheeks in a rich gravy with tiny potato croquettes. These were as good as beef cheeks need to be. The sauce reminded me of the sauce on the fricando at Paco Meralgo and that is high praise.

Pleasant surprise at a place I chose for convenience. 

10 hours ago, Wilfrid said:

Lucky shot in the dark. Coquette, a large dining room and bar in the Seaport Omni across the street from the BCEC.

Two small plates. Duck chichons on croutons with pepper jelly and some kind of chopped nuts. Then outstanding beef cheeks in a rich gravy with tiny potato croquettes. These were as good as beef cheeks need to be. The sauce reminded me of the sauce on the fricando at Paco Meralgo and that is high praise.

Pleasant surprise at a place I chose for convenience. 

I wish I'd known about this restaurant at Omni, which was almost the hotel I chose for our recent stay at the seaport. Weird, but I felt like the Omni, while at the seaport, isn't exactly at the seaport, though it's called the Omni Seaport. To be honest, it's only a couple of blocks from the water, but...

In any event, one of our meals was at Bar Volpe, where we literally had some of the least appealing pastas I've ever come across in a purported pasta place. That, combined with bringing our secondi over while we still pretending to be eating our pastas, just sent me over the top. So - don't go there!

As an aside, the seaport "district" has to be one of the more soulless places I've been around in quite some time.

Tip Tap. The camel was done tonight, but hearty wild boar ragu over gnocchi was fine. Like it’s not a destination but I am staying ten minutes walk away and it’s not a sports bar with a burger so well done.