Hepworth Farms Will Play in the Weeds

The owners of Hepworth Farms, a well-respected organic farm located in the Hudson River Valley, are transitioning some of their acreage, and spending a fair amount of money on processing equipment, so that they can grow and process marijuana.

In the organic vegetable world, Hepworth Farms, in Milton, N.Y., is a regional power player, a name brand in everything from lettuces to leeks, and the rare grower that has managed to combine farmer’s market bona fides with serious scale. Hepworth’s produce graces C.S.A. (community-supported agriculture) boxes and is beloved by the discerning members of the Park Slope Food Coop, in Brooklyn. As grass-roots organic growers go, Hepworth is as pure as they get. But the farm also supplies supermarkets and restaurants all across the Northeast; in peak season, its owners said, Hepworth moves 15,000 cases of produce every day.

Betting The Family Farm on Weed

I look forward to sampling their wares!

19 hours ago, joethefoodie said:

The owners of Hepworth Farms, a well-respected organic farm located in the Hudson River Valley, are transitioning some of their acreage, and spending a fair amount of money on processing equipment, so that they can grow and process marijuana.

Betting The Family Farm on Weed

I look forward to sampling their wares!

well, if it's as good as their itty bitty tomatoes...

4 minutes ago, joethefoodie said:

Have her start small - six plants is okay, and legal (well, 3 mature, and 3 immature).

My mom was for a time a professional ornamental hort grower.  Like that's what she went to college in the 70s for.  She's actually growing cut flowers as her retirement gig. She wouldn't need to start small. She's just able to use excel.

Someone was going around robbing the personal use plots people had going in her town upstate.  It's a perfect crime. Your victims wont go to the police.

8 minutes ago, Anthony Bonner said:

Someone was going around robbing the personal use plots people had going in her town upstate.

Yeah, indoors is certainly safer.  Pretty cool gig your mom has.  I wonder how they run security on the Hepworth acreage.

51 minutes ago, Anthony Bonner said:

Someone was going around robbing the personal use plots people had going in her town upstate.  It's a perfect crime. Your victims wont go to the police.

I wouldn't advise doing that in our country community.    I have no doubt that we're the only people around here not packing heat.     That and tripwires connected to shot-gun set-ups.

• 1 month later...

Made my first legal purchase from a legal, licensed NY State dispensary (I think there are only 7 currently operating, but some 100 new licenses were issued recently) this past week.

IMG_8995.thumb.jpeg.946d6740b5d3dee0bb2809c04c2814e4.jpeg

My familiarity with this strain led me to try it - not bad!