We last night, I made a quick dinner. To my pressure cooker, i added a bag of frozen chicken thighs, a quarter bag of hatch new mexico chiles, 5 cloves of garlic, 20 peppercorns, 4 cups of frozen chicken stock, salt, cumin, and a few cups of a water. cooked it for about 25 minutes as psi 15, then removed the lid, added some masa and let it cook for another 10 minutes. Really lovely. From frozen to finish, I was eating a in 40-45 minutes.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Working my way through some Indian recipes from a not very good book - an experiment in seeing what works and what doesn't. The night before last I turned my kitchen into a post-hurricane site with a

Ta. I must give this a try.

Thank you thank you. But doesn't everyone look better wearing a bath mat?

Posted Images

Thank you, Taliesin, for the inspiration. I had to use the eggplant I bought last Saturday before we go away, and had originally planned on stuffing it. Instead, sliced into half-moons, sautéed with Sun Gold and red cherry tomatoes, and mixed with penne for penne alla Norma.

Instead of salad, kohrabi and carrot slaw made with the garlic scape mayo.

Montepulciano d'Abruzzo to drink.

let's see -- recent dinners:

whole wheat pizza with red and yellow tomato confit, buffalo mozzarella and basil.

zucchini ribbons with fresh tomato sauce, feta, thyme and whole wheat rotini

potato chickpea "cutlets" with zwetschgen chutney, cilantro/mint chutney, and cucumber raita

just bought some green papaya for som tam, and some stuff for laab gai and a penang curry, but I also ended up passing the doughnut place at viktualienmarkt so I'm not all that hungry anymore. :blush:

Dinner last night - watermelon and cucumber gazpacho, roasted rainbow trout with charmoula, eggplant and okra in a tamarind and tomato sauce, and corn. Palomas (tequila, lime juice and grapefruit soda) to drink.

For a starter to go with my leftover quiche, I mashed together canned small white beans, avocado, salt, lime juice, cilantro, and a Mexican herb called pápalo that I got from a Mexican farmstand at our local greenmarket. It's a very intriguing and quite pungent herb, tasting and smelling a lot like cucumber. I read that it's used fresh in cemitas and guacamole.

Raspberry borscht.

2 lbs beets

1 pint raspberries

1/4 cup minced red onion

1/2 cup + 2tbs lemon juice

3 tbs balsamic

1/4 cup sugar

boil beets in enough water to cover until a knife easily pierces them. Let beets cool, peel and cut into large dice. Save the cooking liquid.

Combine beets, raspberries, onion and 2 cups of cooking liquid and puree in batches in a blender. You may need to add additional cooking liquid if it's too thick. Add 1/2 cup lemon juice, balsamic vinegar and 3 tbs of sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Taste. Keep adding lemon juice and sugar until you reach the right sweet-sour balance. If you want to be more refined strain through a sieve to remove seeds (i didn't bother). Chill! Can be served with sour cream, creme fraiche, etc.

B, This preparation is a keeper...

7626105826_0369bc9a7f.jpg 7626105506_0dd079f4d0.jpg

7623947712_477bf636e3_z.jpg

7623947088_a6f2c8ca71_z.jpg

7623946504_2f32db393d_z.jpg

These photos were taken after about 4 hours roasting time -- it explains why the tomatoes in the pic below are more "shrunken" then the ones above.

7625328084_7b99f97dfd_z.jpg

insalata Caprese -- slow-roasted Jersey tomatoes, heirloom tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, extra-virgin olive oil, sea salt and black pepper.

This is not a traditional version, but rather my own interpretation.

7625996772_0ef7d1d37f_z.jpg

Thin spaghetti, with Swiss chard, prosciutto cotto and heirloom tomatoes

Fuchsia Dunlop's General Tso's chicken. The American version, with sugar. Now, this is quite good but even with the sugar it tastes way too "correct" and I am kind of craving a good version of the cheap American stuff. Maybe if I use ketchup instead of the tomato paste slurry...or more sugar...

This is another shot I took. We did this 120 person wedding and the day before, the bride asked us to make sure we are able to feed the band. It was a 12 piece band that takes a break as dinner starts.. So, we were responsible for feeding the band as pretty much Miss A and I are trying to get food to guests. We thought the best idea would be to cut up a bunch of italian bread and then leave cold cuts out. Roast Beef, Swish, Turkey, Ham, Onions, Dressing,mustard, kewpie mayo, chips, pickles, and serano peppers.. In addition, there was some leftover salmon, ravioli, and roasted game hen with chicken demi glace. But yeh, from now on cold cuts and italian rolls are the way to go.. The problem is, often times, there is food everywhere and many times you can't eat the food around. Whether it's half way cooked or too expensive for the 12 people helping you to chow down on. A few pounds of deli meat is quick and very appreciated.

The band, seemed super happy. This was the one picture I took before going back.

7632408792_f7b1f2c329_z.jpg

Raspberry borscht.

2 lbs beets

1 pint raspberries

1/4 cup minced red onion

1/2 cup + 2tbs lemon juice

3 tbs balsamic

1/4 cup sugar

boil beets in enough water to cover until a knife easily pierces them. Let beets cool, peel and cut into large dice. Save the cooking liquid.

Combine beets, raspberries, onion and 2 cups of cooking liquid and puree in batches in a blender. You may need to add additional cooking liquid if it's too thick. Add 1/2 cup lemon juice, balsamic vinegar and 3 tbs of sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Taste. Keep adding lemon juice and sugar until you reach the right sweet-sour balance. If you want to be more refined strain through a sieve to remove seeds (i didn't bother). Chill! Can be served with sour cream, creme fraiche, etc.

B, This preparation is a keeper...

7626105826_0369bc9a7f.jpg 7626105506_0dd079f4d0.jpg

So glad you enjoyed it. I'm a big fan of easy soups.