• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Working my way through some Indian recipes from a not very good book - an experiment in seeing what works and what doesn't. The night before last I turned my kitchen into a post-hurricane site with a

Ta. I must give this a try.

Thank you thank you. But doesn't everyone look better wearing a bath mat?

Posted Images

Last night, Leftovers from Bite Club..

Hamachi:

7872242998_f897f62d92.jpg

Before putting down the grilled peaches and picked golden beets: buratta salad.

7872246912_3c4eed0531.jpg

Pork belly in melon soup: no more pesto leftover from Bite Club

7872236982_5f90423950.jpg

Also grilled flank steak last night, served with a vidalia onion puree. Steak was marinated in grated garlic, fish sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, and thai peppers. Dessert was a matcha panna cotta w/ a blueberry puree.

Pan cooked beech mushrooms over an onion puree, drizzled with pork stock. small pea shoot salad.

Burrata and peach salad

lobster fra diavlo with percatelli

matcha green tea pana cotta w/raspberry ice cream

I've never been a big fan of the fish at Fairway but happened to be in on Saturday and saw some decent looking tuna steaks at $14.99 per pound. I noticed toward the back cutting area about 3/4 of a whole tuna waiting to be cut. They said it came in from Montauk that morning. I asked if I could get a 2lb piece of the loin in one piece. Seared it and served it with soba noodles with snow peas, garlic, ginger, cilantro and thai chiles. The tuna literally melted in our mouths. Hands down the best tuna I ever had at home.

Similar dinner, but even simpler:

Striped bass fillet coated with "sweet chili glaze" (received at a conference 4 years ago, just now opened; neither very sweet nor very spicy, but worked okay) and baked/broiled in the toaster oven--this should be the last time I need to use it to broil unless I really don't want to heat up kitchen.

Lo mein noodles with soy sauce and sesame oil

Bok choy seared in sunflower oil (my preferred neutral oil)

Salad, tarragon vinaigrette

Saint-Bris sauvignon blanc to drink

Vegetarian ravioli (spinach pasta, vegetable filling, no cheese) from the pasta vendor in the little market opposite the New Amsterdam Market.

Fabulous lattice-top blueberry pie made by the husband of one of my fellow choral singers. He's retired and this is a hobby; all of the proceeds go to the chorus.

Vegetarian ravioli (spinach pasta, vegetable filling, no cheese) from the pasta vendor in the little market opposite the New Amsterdam Market.

<SNIP>

Please, it's Fulton Stall Market.:rolleyes:

That market should be open at least one weekday.

Tell that to the Hughes folks who own the Seaport. At least FSM doesn't operate under the grandiose pomposity of New Hipsterdom. Not that that wasn't in an earlier plan for it, from a previous Seaport owner.

It's been through a lot of changes in its short life. Vendors have come and gone, and now the mix is one farmer (formerly across the street), one mobile pizza oven, one meat, one fish, ice pops, Italian stuff, and tchochkes (not all those on the list are there all the time). Iirc, it did have a midweek market at first, but I could be wrong.

Tonight:

• Chard leaves stuffed with chicken and corn, topped with a bit of jalapeño cheese and baked in a green chile-cilantro-scallion broth
  • RG Bolita beans cooked with mirepoix, dried tomato, RG Indio oregano and red chile powder, and turkey stock
  • Salad that included Green Zebra tomato and large-ish cherry tomatoes that had to be among the best tomatoes we ever ate: deep red skin with green streaks, and purple-red flesh, the best combination of sweet and tart tomato flavors since Sun Golds first came in (before they got turned into candy :angry:)
  • Six Points Righteous [Rye] Ale