• Replies 23.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Working my way through some Indian recipes from a not very good book - an experiment in seeing what works and what doesn't. The night before last I turned my kitchen into a post-hurricane site with a

Ta. I must give this a try.

Thank you thank you. But doesn't everyone look better wearing a bath mat?

Posted Images

Last night was a fairly simple affair.. I put out hummus from Sahidi's, carrots, celery, a Delice de Bourgogne. this aged gouda with nettles, some sliced sweet copa, a loaf of french bread, some roasted crunchy chickpeas and some melon and a bottle of vodka.

Saturday, inspired by David Tanis's clams and spaghetti, I did something similar, if simpler.

• Steamed 2 dozen clams in white wine; removed them from the broth when open
  • Cooked thin spaghetti short of al dente
  • Sliced 5 cloves of garlic very thin, heated in olive oil with a big pinch of red pepper flakes just until sizzling
  • Chopped a lot of parsley
  • Drained spaghetti, added to clam broth along with garlic and oil, let cook to absorb broth
  • Added a splash of rice vinegar (no lemons in the house)
  • Stirred in parsley, plated, placed clams on top

It was one of the best things I've cooked.

Also: Tiane of eggplant and beefsteak tomato with basil, oregano, thyme, and garlic oil (the key was putting it together early in the day and letting the juices accumulate before baking it covered (most of the time)

Salad (mixed leaves, green zebra tomato, black zebra cherry tomatoes, Kirby, red bell pepper), oregano vinaigrette

Orvieto to drink

Orata roasted on a bed of sliced potatoes.. orata stuffed with garlic, lemon, herbs, salt and pepper.. Green beans with lemon juice on the side..

Miss k had roasted salmon with mashed potatoes and green beens.

It looked better on the plater.. But, we eventually have to eat. I also topped the potatoes and fish prior to roasting with leeks which went great with the potatoes.. leeks cooked super well. Lots of sprinkled garlic.. we drank a rose with dinner. a frozen kit kat for dessert for miss k.. i had some Easter Candy runts. roasted at 450 for 42 minutes.

7933622564_1e4a763e8f.jpg

trout steamed in "Thai" sauce.

7940787920_5e092503d4.jpg

so good. dinner cost was $10.82 before wine.

7940787606_44fd6a4335.jpg

missing herbs but, what are you going to do.. too lazy to walk in the backyard.. it was a very straight forward version of the sugar, lime juice, fish sauce and garlic. so simple and so delicious.