• Replies 21.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Working my way through some Indian recipes from a not very good book - an experiment in seeing what works and what doesn't. The night before last I turned my kitchen into a post-hurricane site with a

Ta. I must give this a try.

Thank you thank you. But doesn't everyone look better wearing a bath mat?

Posted Images

Mothers Day dinner and still missing New Orleans so made an attempt at Grilled Oysters a la Drago's. Grilled with lots of garlic, butter and romano cheese. While very good the challenge of making these with local oysters vs louisiana gulf oysters is the LA oysters can stand more cooking than the local ones so it is easier to get a good char taste on them. While still delicious, the strong char flavor was missing on mine as I didn't want to overcook the oysters.

Followed by Grilled King Salmon with Ramp Butter

Israeli Couscous with wild mushrooms, fava beans, ramps, cherry tomatoes and basil.

Par Cooked and grilled Asparagus with lemon. (They were from NJ and almost all the same size. :cool: )

Kent Falls Prosper to drink. 7% IPA brewed with oats, lactose, galaxy hops and two pounds of zest from locally grown buddhas hands. Another delicious beer.

• Like 2

Mrs. P made a rabbit & vegetable bake with carrots, onions, shishito & mini peppers, mushrooms, garlic, white wine, & fresh rosemary, among other herbs & spices. She added some spicy mustard to give the sauce a little kick. This was fairly healthy, since we are trying to watch our weight during the week.

Ay5l8pth.jpg

vXxcSdrh.jpg

N9Q2pFxh.jpg

• Like 1

Simple greens

42134957632_e822e2022e_z.jpg

followed by an attempt to recreate Juste's pasta with cream, algue and clams.

40374348760_43e3dc4108_z.jpg

I thought it rather successful but husband said it slightly missed the mark. Guess he'll have to take me back for a refresher course.

• Like 1

i made a simple fried rice the other night that was so enjoyable.. Hot sichuan oil in a wok, garlic,ginger, mushrooms, chinese greens, rice, chinese wine, soy, hoison, chile, a little fermented bean, vinegar, eggs, scallions.. I ate more than I should and kicked myself for not eating this more often... Then, I thought about making lo mein and called it quits as people were coming the next day and I didn't feel like destroying the kitchen after I just cleaned it.

• Like 1

Home from the annual ballet/modern dance recital of our 4 and 6 year old grand-women. 2 hours of bewildered kids staring into the lighting, trying to remember routines that made sense to the instructors and maybe themselves in the studio but not on a professional stage with in-their-faces lighting and club decibel music.

So, again, finally home. Going to the country in the morning, and really nothing on hand to eat. But this pantry meal was embarrassingly delicious.

First of the season corn; grilled shishito peppers; mango; and SPAM. It was a lovely combination. If my plate looks light, there was more of everything on the table.

42222910521_85b351a6f0_z.jpg

Would never serve this to guests but would gladly eat it again.

came home last night after hanging out with some old friends.. Miss Alicia had a stock of Sichuan, I think from sour cabbage fish soup... I took some of that stock and mixed with three eggs and some pickled sichuan vegetables from a jar, a little scallion... Steamed three eggs in a glass jar... It was really delicious and not messy and I can't believe I made a really nice chowanmushi...

• Like 1

Another roast chicken...brined in full fat buttermilk. Cured meyer lemon zest,thyme and garlic slipped under the skin,spatchcocked and roasted on top of potatoes and carrots....a lifelong quest for the evasive wonderful one,this one ranked pretty high. Three spins and a snap for the Dartagnan Green Circle chickens...

After reading this and learning of the recipe at Bar La Grassa in Minneapolis, I will never grill chicken without brining in buttermilk ever again. What a difference, especially in the white meat.