15 hours ago, voyager said:

Or like the other morning when I apologized for using too much butter in the hash browns.    Husband just stared at me.  

you can't have too much hash in the butter browns... 

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 20.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Working my way through some Indian recipes from a not very good book - an experiment in seeing what works and what doesn't. The night before last I turned my kitchen into a post-hurricane site with a

Ta. I must give this a try.

Thank you thank you. But doesn't everyone look better wearing a bath mat?

Posted Images

another Mek Mock Rib.. I am going to eat these every day until I get sick of them... This i flattened the bread on a sandwich press.  I made collard greens last night and was going to add but, forgot at home. 

50191541923_b369aafdb6_z.jpg

A couple of recents.

306332087_Pastawithtomatosandbasil08-05.jpeg.be82796873f35527997a1fd5c41f3170.jpeg

Very simple pasta, with a sauce made from canned Italian tomatoes, butter, onion. Basil added at the end, as was Parmigiano-Reggiano. These are the tomatoes I tried for the first time...

image.thumb.png.3e6aabfed1f86f1f0668ff4182aabfeb.png

Decent, not as good as others.I do like that they are packed in tomato juice as opposed to purée.

And those Thai ingredients are starting to be put to use. As in this pretty disgusting looking dish (next time will be served with rice on the side)...

647439681_ThaiChickencurrywitheggplantandcarrots08-04.jpeg.cce3574f275622b7d4538e91fb1bfd95.jpeg

Thai chicken curry with eggplant and carrots. Mistakenly defrosted the wrong chicken thighs from the ones I wanted to use. 

I now realize that Thai restaurants use more sugar than they really need to.

Bacon, mushroom, onion cheeseburgers with grilled corn on the cob dusted with RG Stardust and an heirloom tomato salad. Milkshakes with Malted Milk and Milk from Blue Hill put these shakes over the top. 

• Like 1

Made pozole this weekend for Saturday and Sunday Breakfast.... It was delicious.. I have made pozole before, I made the green kind with hatch new mexican chiles, this time I used dried mexican peppers to make a red soup base..  Also, this is the first time I made pozole from dried hominy as opposed to the canned hominy... This was the biggest difference..  I didn't follow a recipe but, it's fairly straight forward.. There is pepper, there is garlic, cumin and there is the stewed meat. 

In addition to the pozole, which was vegan, i served with tostada with refried beans... The beans were black beans that I had cooked in avocado leaves.. It adds almost like a root beer flavor but, not obviously.. The black beans also had cumin, lime, garlic and salt... I blended these and spread them on the tostadas. 

50210570741_a26a96b86a_z.jpg

Where as the soup is  traditionally made with goat, or lamb, or even pork, i did mine vegan.. To make up some of the richness, I added kombu and some msg to the mixture... I felt like it added some body and depth, on top of using three of 4 types of chile..  The cream is coconut yogurt. 

50210589251_9be73212a1_z.jpg

The boy had waffles and Ice cream for breakfast.. 

50210866452_4119b990ba_z.jpg

On a side note, if I ever put fried cauliflower on the menu, i am going to call it, Frita Caulo  Or if I open a vegan restaurant, i am going to call it Frita Caulo and then have an artist copy her self portraits and replacing her with  vegetables.. 

• Like 1

Dinner tonight was a quick affair... Made a simple marinate for oyster, portobello mushrooms and tofu.. It was something like fermented black beans, sweet soy, sugar, chile oil.... I made a peanut sauce... heated up some rice noodles, grilled the tofu and nushrooms.. served with a few lettuces, water chestnuts, some potatoes, some cashews, raw ginger, chile, mint, thai  basil, globe basil and peanut sauce, 

50212717037_c7f2206790_z.jpg

Boom easy

50211916983_cdab3c827c_z.jpg