IMG_4203.thumb.jpeg.7e64567c148f2e2050cd0dc7d9080479.jpeg

My Homage to Jacques dinner. Clean out the larder of vegetables soup; leeks, shallots, celery, carrots, mushrooms, asparagus, artichoke, herbs, one wee potato all cooked with some stock and blended...this was great. Aged manchego and comté, baguette and butter. Salade verte with a nice mustardy vinaigrette. And yes, that's a Merry Edwards wine, but not saying which one.

• Replies 21.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Working my way through some Indian recipes from a not very good book - an experiment in seeing what works and what doesn't. The night before last I turned my kitchen into a post-hurricane site with a

Ta. I must give this a try.

Thank you thank you. But doesn't everyone look better wearing a bath mat?

Posted Images

Clear the veggie drawer dinner here as well. Fennel, onion, tomato, and red pepper sautéed and puréed, with feta and black olives, as a sauce for chickpea-based pasta.  Really tasty considering, and even the minis ate it. 

• Like 1

Yesterday was a day of semi-panic, cooking-wise. The gale force winds were battering my poor balcony plants, and it was necessary to (mostly) destroy the basil in order to save it. I also had on hand a right-on-the-edge tomato, some bread heels, and a small amount of red onion. Which left me one mozzarella short of a panzanella. Medium-sized H was going to the store anyway, so I asked him to pick me up one. Last time I did this, he brought me a burrata instead, and whattaya know, he did the same thing this time. (He knows the difference. Last time he said he thought I would like the burrata better. This time he said there was no mozzarella.) So I opened it up and used the mozz part in the salad and the ricotta part on top of a hastily-conceived rigatoni and red sauce, which also has asparagus, porcini mushrooms and broccoli.

IMG_7766.JPG

Husband escaped to country after painting was over and scaffold came down.   So eating my own stuff..

Braised bok choy, artisan bratwurst, walnut mustard.

870432365_ScreenShot2021-05-30at5_47_38PM.thumb.png.eb8367cfda002ae939ef7b4deb45f5d4.png

IMG_4234.thumb.jpeg.4ec5f8fadf346e0b41cc024864b614a8.jpeg\

I'll call this the hot mess of a dinner dinner.After spending time at the in-laws, and driving through rain of biblical proportions during parts of the trip, started with the little gem salad with house-made ranch dressing.

And...

IMG_4236.thumb.jpeg.85968712105acc92973177139102c11f.jpeg

Pan roasted Berkshire porterhouse pork chop over reverse engineered rice-a-roni (never as good as the real, fake taste of real Rice-a-Roni).

Still cooking just for me.

Green salad, small strip steak, BAKED POTATO WITH BUTTER, SOUR CREAM AND CHIVES!

I can't remember the last time I had a baked potato, probably more than 20 years.    One of my favorite foods.   I actually love cooking for me.